4.You got to chill (Luffy x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : the-hary- DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(y/s)=your skill

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by ADevineLight

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Insomniac
✏︎Tired
✏︎Overworked
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"You're always working!", whined Luffy while walking around the table you were working on along with Nami. "Some people got to take care of the budget your grudging with your food!"

You were the most recent crew member to join the strawhats yet you were, with Nami always looking over the financial ressources.

He pouted childishly. "You're never playing with us (y/n), you're like a stubborn old lady..." You jumped, grabbing his cheeks, stretching them. "What did you say!?"

The thing is that he was sadly right. As long as you could remember you've always been the working type, to the point of pushing yourself too much. It ended up exhausting you mentally, bringing insomnia along. You truly felt stuck in an elderly body. Your traits were only beginning to get clearer after months with the crew, yet you were still putting so much pressure on you. Everyone repeatedly mentioned it to you, caring but you've always told them the same thing: "Don't worry for me folks! It's okay!".

Once letting go of the elastic skin of your captain it snaps in his face, making him roll. You sighed before returning your attention back on the papers, well that was what you planned but Nami covered them with her hands. "We've done enough for today!" You frowned. "Are you sure? There are still many works left." She shook her head vigorously, making her long curly red hair floating over her shoulder delicately. "We must take a break, it already been a moment that we are on it. Why don't you take the time to go train? It's been an eternity since the last time you've taken the time to do it precisely, right?" Knowing that you would win, you gave up. "Alright, sure thing."

So you did spend some time exercising the way a (y/s) would. Yet you eventually heard the most cutest sound of footsteps or rather "pawsteps" getting nearer. "Hey Chopper..." The reindeer smiled brightly. "You stopped working!" You title your head in the side slightly. "I'm not that bad..." He chuckled timidly. "Don't say it..." He smiled shyly. "You're too rough on yourself...That's all." You sighed and let yourself fall on the wooden and warm floor of the ship. It was almost burning you, the sun has shone on it the whole day but you didn't care the slightest: you were just exhausted by your very own self.

"Ah, (y/n)-chan, it's hot!", squealed Chopper worryingly, trotting at you. A delicate smile you couldn't hold back appeared on your lips: the care of your crewmate was warming your heart deeply. "Don't worry Chopper, I'm not made of chocolate!"

"But!" His glare on you was begging you to stand up, which you did, giggling before petting his head kindly and going away, under his soft eyes.

★。\|/。★
The next morning
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

You got out of bed, yawning and stretching : you were an humanoid sleepy and messy cat. You hair, a huge mess, your clothes all creased : let's say not much people would call you charming in this state.

Nami, Robin and you were getting moving, preparing yourselves for the day they kept teasing you friendly, the red-haired saying things such as "Ah, a big ball of hair!" while the other one was chuckling. It was a daily thing but yet it was comforting: you felt a part of them. Meals were a bit the same, everyone talking and eating the delicious food, sometimes yelling at Luffy for stealing food out of someone else's plate. Yesterday, it was you that was stolen. Sanji was giving hell at the poor boy, while you were just desperately trying to calm the blonde, telling him to not bother, that you wouldn't have eaten it anyway, but nothing worked. Your captain was really a colourful character but you must admit that you loved it that way: a strict one would have completely changed the dynamic, including the fact that it was his energy that finally made you accept joining the straw hats, decision you were far from regretting.

Talking about his energy, barely a foot out of the girls bedroom, his elastic self ran into you. "(y/n)-chan, help me, Sanji is pissed!" You frowned questioningly at the dark-haired. "Why that?"

"Because I got myself a snack last night."

"And you think I'm going to help you out!?"

"Yes!"

You wanted to punch him so bad, already knowing you would have to stop sooner than planned, count money again, taking hours. Yet you ended up giving him a hand. Why? You had no clue back then.

It started with one time, then two, three, four, five and over and over. You were getting less and less stressed over small things, yet saying you were appeased was a lie, which you kept repeating to the crew. Nevertheless, obviously, they noticed that you were maybe more opened but still quiet.

One day Luffy dragged you away from the others, at your surprise. "Luffy? What are you doing?" He immobilized. "You're doing everything wrong!" Astonished, it took you a moment to respond. "What do you mean by that?"

"The thing with you is that you're afraid to make others worry, but hiding how you feel just makes our concern stronger..." Your eyes widen, you weren't expecting such a thing from his nonchalant self. "L-Luffy?" Your cheeks were getting wet, wet of tears. He frowned but before he could add anything else you grabbed his hand. "Thank you." Not even knowing what to do or say you, the idiot that you are hugged him, which he returned. That was the moment you knew you could trust him no matter what, that you could follow him everywhere.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
How terribly cringe was this? I'm so sorry.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬How terribly cringe was this? I'm so sorry

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

◢✥◣
Requests are open
{4 on the waiting list}
◥✥◤