10.A Delusion? (Crocodile x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : mewiyev - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by SparkleKitty490

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎ Sweet
✏︎Caring
✏︎A bit awkward

✏︎Work for Baroque Works

⚠️Warning⚠️
This part takes place before the Alabasta Arc
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

In the cold wind of the desert, you were exhaustively holding a barely ancient styled coat in front of you, too lazy to zip it, with your small hands, hurriedly covered of woollen fabric. Your ears, loved by your soft (h/l) (h/c) hair obeying the flow of the chilly breeze were reddish at their tip, along with your small nose. Your (f/c) skirt, (if you rather wear pants, just ignore that detail) floating against your legs. Deserts really are freezing cold at night! You glanced at the person accompanying you in this present journey: Crocodile. Feeling observed the pale black-haired tall man looked at you. "What is it this time?"

"Just...why Alabasta?" He frowned and grimaced. Surprisingly his cigar didn't fall at this. "I've already told why don't you-"

"I know, you want to acquire the Ancient Weapon Pluton that is said to be hidden somewhere in the kingdom, but is taking over Alabasta really necessary?"

"You don't get anything from being too kind (l/n)." You looked down at this, having nothing to respond. You were clueless about why a man such as Sir Crocodile asked you to work under him. You had none of the criteria to accomplish such a job. You were a sweet caring person, smiling at everyone passing by and yet you were working for Baroque works and was the confidant of the organization's leader. You hated what Operation Utopia was consisting of and the coldness of Crocodile wasn't more of a charm to you but still you affectionate the male. You've known each other for so long that you just couldn't see yourself without him around. Mostly that was why you were sticking around because of many times he told you you were free to leave if you weren't comfortable with his plans.

The plan. It was a crazy one. Baroque Works agents often function as bounty hunters and take down pirates in order to earn more money to aid their operations. These bounty hunters were persuaded under the false goal that Baroque Works' objective was to build an ideal nation and that performing well in the organization meant higher social status in said nation. The more important tasks of the agents were to spread lies and rumors in Alabasta about their king, Nefertari Cobra, in order to launch a rebellion against him. While you weren't too convinced it would work, so many things that could go wrong he was ecstatic. "It's going to be wonderful, " he said in his usual deep relaxed voice, a smirk on his face. "Yeah, yeah..."

★。\|/。★
Months later
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

It worked and it was with anticipation that you entered in the vast room occupied by the somehow new ruler of Alabasta, lying comfortably on the sofa. "Oh, (l/n), " he welcomed you neutrally when noticing your presence. "Do you have some news for me?" You shook your head slowly, joining him on the sofa, sitting at the edge of it. "We haven't found anything today either." He grumbled at this. "Contact Miss Valentine and Mr.5. Requests them to continue investigating tonight."

"That won't please them, " you sighed. "Do I look like I care?" His voice was cold and harsh, his deep-set and heavy-lidded eyes glancing at you strictly. You grimaced childishly. "There's no reason to exteriorize your frustration on me! Already that I'm acting like a homing pigeon...I could leave it to you!" He stood up, frustrated. "Change your tone, you're working for me, remember?" That pissed you off, which was something really rare. "I'm doing this for you you know!? I'm staying because it's you!" That said you walked to the exit, ignoring him calling your name. He's such a moron!

The following days you gave him a bad mood, still deterred by his comment. You knew it was a childish behaviour but you couldn't do otherwise: you wanted to make him feel he did something wrong no matter how. He was a rude egoistic man and you were well aware of it but little did he knew you could be as egoistic as him? After weeks that seemed like an eternity the man with sand capacities finally got the message. While you were handing new tasks to Miss Valentine the leader of the Baroque Works came at you. "We have to talk." Not wanting to push your luck, you nodded and followed him. "What is the motive of your behaviour?"

"My behaviour? Oh but I'm only acting as all homing pigeons would, or is it that you want me peck at seeds?" His face naturally menacing was now truly intimidating. You gulped. Crap. "I...hem...Sorry?"

"Tch..." He expires, letting a lot of smoke escape his mouth. What games next, you had to admit it took you off guard. "I didn't mean to offend you you know?" You frowned. "That's what it's all about isn't it? Last time." You looked away, holding back a satisfied smile. "It's easy to say but there's no proof you won't do it again." His large hands slid trough your (h/l) (h/c) hair slowly. This unusual sudden contact made you shiver slightly. "I need you around." Not moving an inch you glanced at him. "What are you saying all of sudden?"

"You're the rare person I trust."

"Then show it." He leaned closer, his lips touching your forehead slightly. "I can't promise you that. I'm a cold man after all." You chuckled shyly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
2 parts published in less than a week!? WOW I AM IMPRESSED!

Finally a part I am proud of! I really believe I managed to make that one great even if it was a bit short.

Don't be shy to give me feedback or to give me requests!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
Empty