65. Sweet butter (Galette x Male!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Mr.KIM - Pixiv

Here is a little helper:✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by anonymous

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Kind
✏︎Familial
✏︎Caring
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

Galette's heartbeat felt out of control. Her nervous system was shaking within. Her throat felt dry. Her eyes were itching. She was very apprehensive, not to say afraid. She felt like the tiniest of insects in her mother's throne room. Galette knelt in front of her matriarch and Queen of Totto Land. "Mama, I've come to request your benediction."

"Huh?" Mama lazily leaned forward, pulling her upper body toward her daughter with a pull. The 42d child couldn't help but gulp under her mother's serious gaze. "Did you say, benediction?"

Galette nodded slowly, her pink locks tinkling the sides of her cheeks as she did so. "Yes, mama. I've...I've met a very fine lad a year ago. I really love him Mama," she said as proudly as possible. "I can see myself spending my entire life with him and-"

"Species." Her mother's coldness hurt her but she wasn't surprised that her mother would ask this question. "(y/n) is part of the long-leg tribe."

"Does he know how to fight?"

"As their tradition requests. Long-legs are taught how to fight from their childhood to their adulthood."

"There's not much long-leg in Totto land." the Queen thought out loud. "Galette."

"Yes, mama?"

"I'll give you my benediction ONLY and only if I judge his fighting skills sufficient. I expect to see the two of you in 3 days in the training courtyard."

"Yes, mama!"

[]

TRllll TRllll TRllll TRllll TRllll

"There goes the coffee machine," you triumphantly said to Poire and Mash. The two sisters were at your place to keep you occupied until Galette's expected return. "You should really change that machine, (y/n)." complained Poire. "It's so loud!"

"But it's antique and cute!"

"It doesn't mean it works well!"

You looked down and slowly filled the cups for your guests. "Wait, you're not gonna argue with me?" You shook your head.

Silence.

"You seem nervous (y/n)," said Poire. On this remark, you violently dropped two sugar cubes in Mash coffee. The oldest immediately lectured the youngest. "Poire, watch your mouth!" Your soulmate's twin rolled her eyes. "What? It's true! Did you ever see him act like that?"

"No need to say it in his face!"

You put the pot and sugar on the mahogany table of your apartment. "You're right, I'm nervous. No...I'm scared." You sat down and you sighed loudly, tired. While you stretched your two sets of legs, Mash smiled warmly, pushing her long curly brown hair behind her shoulders before comfortingly patting your forearm. "I'd be worried if you weren't."

"What if I'm not good enough?"

"(y/n)!"

"I'm a baker!"

Mash looked down, thinking about your words. She waited a moment before speaking up again. "Mama may not be the...warmest mother but the natural instincts are still there and let me tell you that I never saw Galette's eye sparkle more than when she talks about you. Mama may put some conditions and she can be harsh but...she's our mother and as such, our well-being concerns her." (Sike but that's legit their mindset. It's so sad! I mean, they only know this family atmosphere so I'm not sure they realize how Mama really is.) How reassuring...Mash must have felt your growing concerns as she firmly grabbed your hands. "What I'm trying to say is that she'll at least give you a chance. Plus, you're a very good fighter!"

"That's not much better."

"Oh miss Poire knows better? Go ahead!"

Said sister took a good gulp of coffee before ceremoniously turning toward you. "(y/n), I don't know how this is gonna end." If it kept going like this, you would lose all hope. "What I do know is that you're the right person for my sister and that I'll support you two no matter what."

"Aw Poire, this was beautiful."

"Told you sis."

The door opened and time froze as you saw the silhouette of the woman whom you had won the heart. "SIS!" "GALETTE!" You immediately jumped on your feet and made your way toward the beauty you long to marry. As always your hands found their way into the others. Once fingers intertwined with hers, you asked: "How did it go?"

"Mama wants to see you for herself. Especially to judge your fighting skills. I'm not worried though. You're strong."

"It'll be my pleasure to prove my worth to your mother, sweet butter of mine."

[]

Axe, knife, gun, cannon: you survived it all. Sure you were a sweaty mess and felt like dead but you knew it was all worth it when you heard your mother-in-law's laughter. "Mamamamamaaaaaaa!" she laughed and clapped joyfully. "It seems you are worthy of marrying my daughter."

You lovingly looked at Galette whose eyes were full of tears of joy. She rushed to her mother and hugged her hand. "Oh Mama, thank you!"

"Let's prepare this wedding, shall we?"

Galette was an adorable crying mess. She ran to you and jumped in your arms. "Yes, yes, yes, yes!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I've tried something new with this OS, a pov more focused on the One Piece character in the pair

I've tried something new with this OS, a pov more focused on the One Piece character in the pair. Did you guys like that? It was a breath of fresh air for me to be quite frank but as an author I want you, my readers, to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing this chapter.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are temporarily closed!

➢Shanks x Secretive!Kind!Daring!Flirty!Female!Reader
➢Law x Nurse!Innocent!Pretty!Smart!Female!Reader
➢Katakuri x Polite!Friendly!Frugal!Strong!Female!Reader
➢Sanji x Tall!Strong!Flirty!Kind!Female!Reader
➢Brook x Relative!Funny!Artistic!Female!Reader
➢Iceburg x Shipwrighter!Patient!Loving!Carefree!Female!Reader