44. Would you be my Valentine? (Robin x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : SirK-9 - Deviantart

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by Sniperwolf3D

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Strong
✏︎Independent

✏︎Strawhat crewmember

⚠️Warning⚠️
Valentine's Day scenario 'cause why not?
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

Your heart ached as your (e/c) observed every movement the one that claimed your heart executed. The way she turned her pages with her long fingers was mesmerizing. Nico Robin was an elegant silent beauty. You were the polar opposite: muscular and a skin full of scars.

"Look at you only having eyes for her." Nami sang as she sneakily slid her silhouette behind you.

"Shhhhh don't be so loud!" you hit her shoulder with your own. The redhead slid her arm under yours as she forcefully dragged you away. "We should go buy you a nice dress during our next restocking stop. It's planned on Valentine's Day," she winked.

"I can take care of myself, Nami."

"So how do you plan on sharing your feelings?"

"I don't see the correlation and...that's none of your business. I can take care of myself just fine."

"You've been trying to tell her for over a year." she spit out, judging your lack of courage. You wouldn't have taken such a critique from anyone else. You've both grown extremely close. Plus she was the only one aware of your crush.

"By choice!"

"Yeah, sure...huhu, alright." She shrugged. "Sure, sounds like a plan. Let's wait a few more years. After all, you might get lucky and get killed before you gather your courage." You rolled your eyes at her sarcastic remark. "Don't give me that attitude (y/n). I'm offering you my help because you're my friend!" she pulled her diva act, bringing the back of her hand to her forehead in a gasp. It wasn't the first time she'd offered a shopping session. Your friend just looked forward to helping you. Her intentions were humble. It couldn't be so bad, right?

"Ok."

She froze on the spot. "Huh?"

"I said ok."

She squealed like an excited teenager. You gulped anxiously as you asked yourself what you had gotten yourself into. May I be saved...

★。\|/。★
On the next restock stop
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

That's how you ended up in a changing room, trying on dresses. You did like to look feminine from time to time but you felt like the dresses your confidant had picked for you were over the top. Especially this one...a deep navy blue dress that had a V-shaped cleavage but not a vulgar one. Your chest was covered by two thick strands of clothing that shaped an "X" belt on your waist. It was...sexy.

You gathered your courage as you walked out of the small room. Her hazel eyes immediately sparkled. "Nami I don't want anything to....obvious."

Her joy immediately melted away "Oh...So you'd rather look boring," she snarked.

"NAMI!"

"(y/n)!" She stood up as she walked to you, entering the cabin by your side. "You've finally gathered your courage and it's Valentine's day. You have to look courageous and fierce!" She pointed to your reflection in the mirror with an overdramatic twirl from her wrist. "You look hot in that dress if you ask me."