47. Happy-go-lucky walrus (Law x NonBinary!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Sakonma - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by thunderlucciplayz

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Stubborn
✏︎Gullible
✏︎Possess a professional vocabulary
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

The sun was boiling. You were simmering. The floor was lava. It was a heat wave. Everyone was inside, protected from the uncomfortable weather but there you were, baking on the deck. You needed some alone time away from everyone but especially from your captain so you sacrificed yourself to mother sun. The problem wasn't Law himself. It was you and your non-platonic thoughts about the man. The first time it happened took you completely off guard. You were simply walking behind him when your eyes fell upon his ass as you wondered if they were squishy or hard. Among anything, it had to be the ass. Did it mean you were in love? Was it just lust? What even was lust? Was there different types of lust? Did you just think he was fine as hell? Where was this attraction coming from? The man never acted in any way that allowed you to believe there was anything between the two one you. He was as stern as he was with the others when by your side. You were lost. You sighed at the overflow of questions as you whipped off the sweat that had formed on your forehead.

You heard footsteps. A distraction was making it's way toward you and its name was Penguin. "(y/n)," poorly sang the man as he sat next to you. "Whats a belief of yours?"

"I believe in the abnegation of political power"

"Woah, woah, woah! (y/n), you do realize we're pirates right? I mean we sure know lots about medicine and pirating but anything that doesn't touch that...kapootsky!" Penguin joked.

"Didn't you go to school?"

"Hey, that's mean happy-go-lucky walrus!"

Your eyes widened. "Wal -what?"

"Happy-go-lucky Walrus!"

The ideas this man could come up with scared you. Was it even safe for him to be a doctor? You could totally picture him saying " Hey what if we put the heart next to the brain so the heart wouldn't have to pump too much? Boom! Heartbrain!" in the middle of a surgery. And to think he was a bully when he was in his teenage years...gosh.

"Don't call me that." you sighed.

"What am I supposed to call you?"

"My name!"

"That would be sad! It's as if you're just one random person I don't really hang with but we're friends! I want to give you an original nickname! Come on!" You blinked slowly, judging Penguin upside down. He huffed dramatically. "You'd prefer kiddo?" not kiddo.

You sighed, you couldn't tell the man no. No matter how much it pained you to admit it, he had valid point. "Ok, you can call me...Happy-go-lucky walrus...for the effort." you specified after the torture of saying said nickname.

"I won!"

"You better not be betting money." Law, the one and only hot captain had arrived.

"We're not," you started.

"I've picked THE perfect nickname." finished Penguin

"Let's hear it." dubiously said the newcomer in this conversation as you rolled your eyes.

"Happy-go-lucky walrus."

"Walrus?"

"Yeah, (y/n) was sunbathing like a walrus on the shores," explained Penguin laughing hysterically as if it was the funniest thing on planet earth. Spoiler ahead, it wasn't.

You jumped on your feet and slapped Penguin's arm. "Get lost in hell and damnation!"

"Ok, my happy-go-lucky walrus!" he joked as he walked away, massaging the forearm you just hit. Payback!

"It sounds terrible (y/n)-ya. I'm surprised you tolerate that." Law stated referring to your renowned stubbornness.

"It was this or kiddo," you told him as you looked up to him. That's when you saw it. The sweat droplets ran down his face, joining at his chin as they fell upon his chest. You wondered how his abdominals would feel under your touch. We're they soft? We're they-

"(y/n)-ya? You're alright?"

"Oh, uh...yeah." you shyly answered as you poorly attempted to swallow down the tumultuous feelings that boiled within you. Oh no, I'm into my captain! So unprofessional! "What did you say?"

"I've asked you to go make some syrups in the lab. We're starting to get low."

"You look, nice captain." There was no way you could say that. "You're hot." even less. So you just stood up and smiled awkwardly as you rushed back inside. Would there be a day you'd finally get back your self-control?

"The lab is not this way (y/n)-ya." he pointed out, frowning. HELL AND DAMNATION!

You were afraid it wouldn't be back soon.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A short comedic, simple, straight to the point one shot.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬A short comedic, simple, straight to the point one shot

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Corazon x Kind!Caring!Protective!Patient!SecretMarine!Female!Reader
➢Marco x Chill!Quiet!Female!Reader
➢Izo x Responsible!Motherly!Pacific!Female!Reader
➢Hawkins x Talkative!Caring!Fiery!ChildhoodFriend!Female!Reader
➢Nami x Naive!Anxious!Female!Reader
➢Vivi x Loving!Caring!Male!Reader