27. Always (Drake x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : ふれっつ光 - Pixiv

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by MatoMasaharu

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Mature
✏︎Delicate
✏︎Softspoken
✏︎Modest
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

The wind was charming. The weather was pleasantly sweet. It has been a month since your lover left for a mission. Meanwhile, as always, you aided your parents on the family farm ; laborating the land, taking care of the animals and selling the products at the market. As a rear admiral, his mission is to protect the world. Yours is to be there for your loved ones.

Your hands were sweaty and smelled like metal when you finally finished labouring. The sun already started to set and you still had to go look after the animals. You tiredly sighed as you made your way toward the barn. However, before you could reach your destination, you heard your father excitedly calling out for you : "(y/n), (y/n)!"

You turned around to face your paternal. "What is it, dad?"

"Look!" he declared as he pointed to the horizon.

Being on top of a mountain, the farm offered a breathtaking view of the port and the near sea. You curiously frowned as you weren't too sure of what you were supposed to look at as your father kept moving his arm but you eventually understood that he pointed toward a fleet coming by. Marines!

"He's back?"

"Yeah! So...what are you still doing here? Go at the port!"

"Huh? No. It would make him shy. I'll wait for him here as I always do."

He sighed. "I really don't understand you two."

You were modest to your clothing and Diez was a discreet force. You understood each other's silence. It's this awareness that made your bond so strong.

"All you need to understand is that we're happy this way, father."

"I've no doubt about that."

You decided to quickly went to check on the animals before waiting for his arrival and eventually the tall man's silhouette appeared.

"Welcome home," you greeted him once you arrived by his side. "I missed you," you added as you hugged him gently.

"So did I."

The reunion was quiet, discreet and warm. As usual but you felt he had something on his heart and you were right. After you exchanged a few mundanities, he started being out of character. He fooled with the ground with the tip of shoes, for example.

"Aren't you tired to always wait for me?"

So that's what its all about.

"My heart chose you. There must be a reason. I'll wait for you no matter what. Plus, the distance make the moment we spend together even more cherishful."

"No matter what?" he asked sweetly.

You nodded. His heart melted.

"I...Uh..." He nervously played with his right pocket. It wasn't one of his tics. Odd. "Would you like to come eat at a nice place with me?"

Huh?

"You don't have to treat me with luxury."

"I want to."

Even weirder.

"If you insist."

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow."

★。\|/。★
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

You were shaken. For him to invite you at a place so suddenly was just not like him. Even with his reassuring presence next to you, you hardly managed to sleep. You turned on your side as you watched his sleeping silhouette as your mind was restless.

Even when he brought you out for lunch, nothing seemed out of place. Nothing to direct something bad happened. Maybe he just wanted to do something different? Yeah, it had to be it! Even during lunch, everything was normal. When you walked on the way home, however, he, once again, started poking his right pocket. Something was bothering him.

You stopped. Put a hand on his chest as you stood in front of him. "What is it? Somethings obviously bothering you. Tell me. I can help." you ranted. "Oh...maybe it's a secret. What I know is that it's in your pocket," you said as if you accused him of an unknown deed.

"I planned on asking you later but..." Your lover pulled out a small velvet box from his pocket and opened it to reveal a shining ring. "Will you give me the honour to have you as my wife?" he asked shyly under everyone's gaze. His cheeks were pink.

The street went silent. Everyone was watching the scene. You could have heard a mosquito fly until the baker opened his mouth. "SAY YES!"

Perfectly ignoring the man, Drake's hazel eyes didn't leave yours.

You gasped for air. "I-Huh...I wasn't ready for that..." He appeared to start bringing back the object toward him but you grabbed his wrist. "When?"

As you saw Drake frown, you realized how unprecise your question was. "Since when did you plan on asking me?"

"A week or two before I left. So...hum...Will you-"

You vigorously nodded. "I'll marry you. Twice if needed."

He laughed. "Once is enough."

He slid the ring to your annular under dozens of cautious eyes. You blushed at the realization that things were starting to get real and you couldn't be happier about that. That's why, no matter how many people were surrounding the both of you, you sensually kissed your soon to be husband.

"For two people who like to be discreet, that was quite something!" you heard the old baker declare as you both walked away with light hearts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The base scenario you gave me was just too cute MatoMasaharu ! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I loved to write it. I'm looking forward to write for you again pal!

 I'm looking forward to write for you again pal!

Two updates within two days! A MIRACLE. I don't even remember if I already posted twice during a week!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢King x Strong!Talkative!Frank!KaidoAssisstant!Female!Reader
➢Yamato x Cold!Grumpy!Tsundere!Female!Reader
➢Perospero x Baker!Kind!Patient!Strong!Fighter!Female!Reader
➢Iceburg x Sweet!Kind!Strong!Female!Reader
➢Rob Lucci x Calm!Reserve!CP9!Female!Reader