33. Pick up lines (Cracker x Female!Reader) ❗️

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : LuisaDraws - Deviantart

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by _Angel_Artist_

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Strong
✏︎Mature
✏︎Righteous
✏︎Caring
✏︎Flirtatious

⚠️Warning⚠️
⋆In this part, the reader is in their thirties (just as Cracker is much younger in this one shot. I mean he's "canonly" 45 ) and is half snakeneck, half long-leg.⋆
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

"Hey, Cracker!"

"What's up?"

"I want to become a Marine."

His juvenile laugh filled the surroundings. You were 5 years old. The Yonko's 15th child never said a word to his mother. You didn't think much of it at first as you were so young but as you both grew up, holding each other's hands, you realized that the only thing that could rival his loyalty toward his family was his unshakable affection for you.

The moment you both turned 15 was when your platonic relationship hit a new turn when the first pick-up line came in. "Hey, you're pretty and I'm cute. Together we'd be pretty cute." Charlotte Cracker candidly flirted with you. It was the start of the game of cat and mouse that would last years and years. You being the mouse the purple luxurious cat wanted to claim as his own. If stubbornness was a person, it would have been Charlotte Cracker without a doubt. You would have agreed to go out with him if it wasn't for your goal and his allegiance. You could only imagine how it would be like for you two to be one. You only allowed yourself to carefully flirt back, swallowing down your feelings. His mother would have gone mad otherwise. It was fine to flirt until someone get hurt but when mama goes berserk, there were always wounded people. That's why, the day you left you discreetly bid goodbye to the man, offering him the tiniest peck on the cheek. "I'm sorry we couldn't be." were the last words you whispered to his ear.

And so you did become a marine but Marineford changed you. When you saw Akainu killed fire fist Ace while conserving a stern and boring expression as if impaling someone was a normal thing to do, the truth slapped you. Marines or pirates, both were capable of cruelty and playing two-faced. The path someone chose didn't make them bad or good. So you decided to let life teach you on which side you were without hiding behind an etiquette. You decided to quit and move back to your homeland. Therefore, one day you entered your supervisor's office..."I quit," you politely bowed down to Sengoku.

"Commodore? But...you're going to be promoted as a rear admiral in less than a week!"

"I thought I made myself clear that I refused this offer..." you clenched your teeth, annoyed that the opinion of the interested person wasn't taken into consideration.

"You're the only one who's fit for the job."

You slammed your badge on the mahogany office. The older man observed you in silence for a few minutes, undaring to say a word. His eyes laid upon your tall snake-like figure. You could read the sadness in his eyes. Sengoku really was prideful of the accomplishment, the longlimbs individual you were accomplished. Usually, the child would inherit one of his parents characteristic and not both. It was rare.

"I can't make you change your mind, am I wrong?"

"No, indeed." you stood up once again, almost hitting the chandelier. Being half snakeneck and half longleg had its inconvenience to say the least.