23. Love bird (Marco x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Daisy-Flauriossa - Deviantart

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by sephtis057

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Shy
✏︎Quiet
✏︎Small
✏︎Fragile
✏︎Sensitive

✏︎Crew member of the Whitebeard pirates

⚠️Warning⚠️
⋆All the original Whitebeard crew members are alive.⋆
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

I'm silent, tiny and have no personality...Why does he even keep me within his crew? As your (h/c) (h/l) flew in the wind (I'm part of the hair-shaved girls 💃 Who's with me?) and you got lost staring at the dark blue wavy horizon under the full moon during an introspection of your presence in Whitebeard pirates crew, a gentle elbow hit on your side got you out of your reverie. A tall man with a signature blonde tuft of hair stood next to you. A blue flame was coming out of his forearm to play the role of a lantern. "What are you thinking about-yoi?" He handed you a strong alcohol drink. What was it? You didn't know. Was it colourful? Yes. Was it smelling so hard that your nose felt dry? Hell yeah!

"I'm just having one of my numerous identity crisis," you responded to your commander as he took a sip of his beer.

You've always felt at ease with the man. You did know each other for over a decade by now. Same for Ace and Thatch that you've known for more or less the same time but they were affable goofballs. Marco was of a natural calm composure, more like you and life decided that he would become your commander and there you were. It was a simple and logical conclusion so why try to dig for a deeper meaning to you being comfortable with the man?

"Well for a middle-aged woman, you're quite fierce-yoi!"

You wouldn't have taken this remark usually but as it was Marco, who also is in a position of power, you hold back just a little. "You're 43, Marco," you smirked.

He whistled, shocked by your reply but quickly got his composure back as a warm hand quickly grabbed your shoulder to encourage you to relax your posture, which you did. "You've always thought too much-yoi."

"I know..."

He started frenetically tapping his fingers on the railing. This childish behaviour was coming out of nowhere, it was suspicious. He finally ended up breaking the silence. "Would you...like to come with me for the commander meeting-yoi?"

"Excuse me...?" Then you realized. "Are you...Are you...Are you asking me out?"

"How-" the pink slightly showing on his cheeks, proved your point.

"I'm not blind! You never talked to me like in such an intimate way before and to invite me to such an important event for you...I know you cherish those moments when all the commanders are back together. You always go alone and now you invite me?"

"Wow I never heard you speak that much in one shot-yoi."

"Marco!"

"Was I that obvious-yoi?"

"No. It's just that...all the time I spend not speaking during the day, I spend it scrutinizing my surroundings...I'm like a bird?"

"I'm very much a bird as well-yoi."

You giggled as he gave a peck on the cheek. You blushed irrationally for a woman your age and smiled as if you were back in your early 20's. "I'll come."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

This sucked...Yup...Can't do worst than that for next time.

Can't do worst than that for next time

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are close!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Ace x Kind!Cheerful!Insecure!Female!Reader
➢Zoro x Shy!Funny!Pirate!Female!Reader
➢Katakuri x Daring!Rebellious!Compassionate!Vinsmoke!Female!Reader