37. How can I help? (Luffy x Female!Reader) ❗️

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Quentin Higgins - Artstation

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by Shidoharu

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Calm
✏︎Keeps her feelings for herself
✏︎Funny
✏︎Smiling
✏︎Kind

✏︎Crewmember of the straw hats

⚠️Warning⚠️
⋆This part will mention domestic abuse. If this triggers you by any way, skip this part. If, by any chance, you are in such a situation, I beg you, no matter how hard it is to turn your back on people you've known for so long, reach out for help. You deserve it.⋆
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

Your small silhouette trembled against the cold cement wall as tears fell down your cheeks and wet your knees. You were hiding from your mother. She was in a devastating mood, throwing decorations, candles, glasses and even a kitchen chair. You squealed at every loud thud, praying it would be the last. It never was.

"(Y/N) GET OUT OF YOUR HIDING SPOT! DON'T BE A COWARD LIKE YOUR DAD."

"I'm not a coward, I'm not a coward, Dad was kind. Daddy..." you cried hoping it would be the last time. It never was.

You were 9.

You looked up at the misty night sky as you trembled under the torrent of feelings that were boiling within your fatigued body. You had only one desire and it was to shout all of your pain away but you couldn't. You would have woken up everyone and caused them worry. You've always been discreet with your feelings. You'd feel guilty anytime others felt bad for you, pity was the last thing you were looking for so you ended up keeping it all inside. You had no issue at first but as time went by, you threatened to explode. Therefore you attempted to hide your feelings under jokes and bright smiles, but it was to no avail. There was a limit to what you could swallow and it scared you.

"You've not been sleeping a lot."

"Huh?"

Luffy stood next to you. The usually loud captain had sneaked next to you, his eyes detecting your every move. Since when was he there?

"Luffy? What are you doing up so late?"

"I should be the one asking that (y/n)!" he called out as he blowed up his cheeks, tapping his feet on the grass. Why was there even grass on the ship? "The moment you took a step on this ship we became nakamas. Nakamas talk to each other!" He crossed his arms on his chest and pouted like a toddler. "You're not being honest with us! That's not okay!" He really was ticked off because he was worried? Oh Luffy..."I'm giving you five seconds to tell me why you always hand out in the deck so late at night for the paste week!" He lifted four fingers, frowned and lifted his thumb. "Five," he repeated as you did your very best to hold back your laughter at your dearest captain's behaviour. "5, 4, 3-"

"I've just been having nightmares about my past lately."

"Your parents?"

You nodded. You had told them about the toxic and violent atmospheres that reigned king within your childhood house. They all told you about theirs so it was only fair for you to share yours. Since then, the strongest bond was born within you all. However, this didn't mean you were fine with them feeling sad about your trauma.

"Are they scary?"

"That's the point of nightmares, Luffy,"

"Oh, I never had those," he said. Silence. "How can I help with that?"

You intertwined your hands together as you leaned on your elbows over the railing, looking down at the threatening black sea. "You...can't do much."

"Can I scare it off?"

"Luffy, they're nightmares. That's for hiccups."

"Oh," he looked down.

"Maybe we can still try." you joked. You should have known better. "AAAAAAAAAAH"

"LUFFY!" You put your hands on his mouth, as you panic. "I was just fooling around! Don't wake up everyone!" You freed the elastic man's mouth.

"Announce your jokes then!"

"They wouldn't be jokes then..."

"Oh, you're right!" He balanced his body on his heels. When you looked at him like that, that's when you could see he was agile.

"What can I do to help you (y/n)?" he had gotten serious again. He was concerned. You couldn't have asked for better friends, for a better crew, for a better captain.

"I just need you to stay by my side, captain." you smiled. You really were lucky to have such people by your side.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Because men can be victims of abuse too. Because there are not enough houses for them to seek refuge. Because let's not forget them. Because the sex of the victim shouldn't make you sympathize more with one than another.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Marco x Independent!Overthinker!Bubbly!Female!Reader
➢Sachi x Doctor!Kind!Caring!Prideful!Female!Reader
➢Luffy x Innocent!Beautiful!Intelligent!Female!Reader
➢Eneru x Stupid!Gullible!Optimistic!BigTalker!Strong!Chaotic!fashion designer!Female!Reader
➢Law x Sociable!Cheerful!Female!Reader
➢Ace x Sarcastic!Funny!Blunt!Charming!TransMale!Reader
➢Nico Robin x Strong!Independent!Female!Reader
➢Niji x Fiery!Confident!Pirate!Female!Reader
➢Caesar x Childish!Rebellious!Pirate!Female!Reader