11. I appreciate your concern (Akainu x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Vinrylgrave - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by LuckyNow  

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Diligent
✏︎Strong-willed
✏︎Cheerful

✏︎Marine
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Attacks, the smell and taste of blood, pirates, marines, Marineford was a mess. Gulping your very own blood, coughing in pain you grimaced. Your situation was embarrassing. How did I end up in such a pitiful situation? You were pissed but your pain was so big that anyone who would glance at you would only see that one feeling yet you were boiling from inside., You were a strong fighter, not the best but feared by some and this wasn't representative of you. Grumbling out of frustration you tried your best to get up but your stomach twirled and there you were vomiting blood. Ultimately, everything turned black.

★。\|/。★
Some time later
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

When you finally opened your eyes once again, the sudden light blinded you, bringing your hand in front of you, you slowly stood up, grumbling at back pain. Where am I? Once your vision was accustomed at the lighting you observed your surroundings. These white walls with blue lines, these big open windows allowing the ocean breeze enter. Recognizing the Marine quarters, you relaxed a bit. That was only for a short moment. As soon as you heard the door open, you stiffed your back, sitting strictly. It was most of all a reflex but right now it was a sign of respect for the man who just entered the room.

An incredibly tall, light-skinned, unusually muscular with a square-shaped face with very pronounced facial features and short black hair : Admiral Akainu. As usual, he was wearing a standard Marine cap and sports a crimson, double-breasted suit, decorated with what appears to be a pink rose on the left buttonhole. Unlike many high-ranking Marines, he does not wear a tie, but instead leaves his light colored flower-patterned shirt unbuttoned, showing his muscular neck and part of his tattoo. "Do you know why I'm here?"

You looked down, grabbing the blanket strongly. "Because lacked vigilance and failed as a Marine?"

"Indeed." You bit your bottom lip. That hurted, his words were stiff and cold. Yet you couldn't be angry at him for being so harsh for the only and simple reason that you knew he was right. "You've been a Marine for years. We expected more of you."

"I expected more of me as well sir."

He nodded. "However the soldiers under your order weren't hurt. Coincidence, for me it's obvious it is, but that saves you from the normal consequences. Consider yourself lucky, " he concluded before leaving the room.

You finally dared look at where he was standing just a few seconds ago. You were an energetic lady, always having something to say but anytime he was around you were fearing his gaze. Why that? You hated to admit it but you adored him, no, you loved him. Such a cold and stoic man somehow had your heart. It was completely illogic and yet it was true. You thought about this so many times and not many things actually came to your mind. There was just something about the man that touched you deeply.

★。\|/。★
Few days later
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

Today was the first day you were allowed to leave the infirmary and it was refreshing. Being stuck in a bed all day really wasn't for you, you had to move.

Back to work, walking in the hallways towards your headquarters to meet up with your soldiers to receive your orders for today someone called you out. "(l/n), a voice you could recognize within millions called out. Your injuries are still fresh, don't push yourself too hard." Turning around, facing the one and only Akainu, you frowned slightly. "Are you worried about me admiral? I'm no porcelain doll, but I do appreciate your concern." You smiled at him shyly and you could swear on your life he returned it. "I will get going, sir, " you informed him before walking away not without glancing over your shoulder at least three times on your way. You shook your head strongly after that. (y/n), stop acting like a teenager!

You had no military work today, only papers because "your health was still fragile". You boil inside at this. You weren't a little girl anymore! But you addressed them a bright smile "Of course, no problem, " you said. But right now, behind your office, alone in this office during this warm summer day it was everything but not a problem. It felt like you were melting but that pile of papers wasn't shrinking that was for sure. "I'm never going to get out of here, " you sighed, exasperated.

"It's not by complaining that you're going to get through it you know."

You jumped out of your chair, surprised by this sudden interaction. Eyes wide open there was Akainu, right in the door frame. I must have looked incredibly stupid. "Oh hi..." Now even more. "Don't bother me."

He walked to you, grabbed a chair of an unoccupied office and put it right in front of yours and took a paper and pencil. "What are you doing!?", you squeak.

"Isn't it obvious?"

You looked down, holding back a blush and sat down once again, grabbing a sheet and your pencil. "Thank you very much, I appreciate it."

Finally, the mountain of documents disappeared.

"There's something I want to ask you, admiral."

"What is it?"

"Why did you help me today? It's not like you have anything to gain from it."

"There's actually a lot I can gain from it, " he said before leaving.

You most certainly imagined it but it seemed like his cheeks were pinkish or were it the sunset from outside? Yeah, it had to be sunset.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I know that the end doesn't really end up like how one shot usually does but Akainu isn't a romantic one and sometimes I like to do things a bit differently, like allowing you to imagine the rest. Let me know what you think of this, your opinion matters to me.

I hope you liked it LuckyNow even if it wasn't the longest ever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Reiju x Kind!Loud!Female!Reader
➢Mihawk x Persistent!Calm!Attentionate!Smart!Pirate!Female!Reader
➢Mr.3 x Attractive!Shy!Female!Reader
➢Robin x Cuddly!Zoan!Female!Reader