73. Take care (Luffy x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Elentori - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by FeitanMarrow

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Shy
✏︎Caring
✏︎Patient

⚠️Warning⚠️
After Kaido's defeat. If you haven't reached that point, this OS may contain spoiler for you. Read at your own risk.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

Kaido had been defeated. They were all alive and this was enough of a reason to throw the biggest parties among the crews: Kid Pirates, Heart Pirates and Strawhats were cheering together. Alcohol was everywhere, and heat from all the crowd. This not being your cup of tea you stood in a corner, looking upon the sleepy Chopper. The little reindeer was fast asleep and his warmth appeased you in this loud hubbub.

Still, your mind was spinning: thoughts going through on and on. Not so long ago he was close to cross. Bloody, shaking and eyes in the void. Chopper always kept telling you he had seen worse and that he was surprised he'd always recover so fast. Yet you are still worried. An exception could happen at any time. He was your captain, no more than that : he was someone you deeply cherish. You would be heartbroken if something was to happen to him. Your inner turmoil didn't escape Nami's vigilant eye. Quickly, she ended her conversation with Ikkaku and came to you, grabbing a glass of a drink on the way.

"You look down. There." Handing you the Blue Hawaii, she smiled. Mulching down on the pineapple that came with it, you nodded, giving weight to her words. "Worried about Luffy?" she asked.

"How come you always know?"

"Well...Friend gut feeling? Is that a thing?"

Both glancing at your captain, enjoying your drinks, you shrugged. "I guess?"

Taking down the final of her tequila, she observed you carefully. "You should go and tell him."

"Nami. He listens to you best."

She smiled and shook her head, her long locks floating around. ,"No. He obeys me. He listens to you the best. He takes note of what you say and doesn't forget it. The last part is the key here. You have a magic touch with him, (y/n)."

You sighed. "I suppose. I'd just like to not have to step up. He should look more after himself." She nodded. "Still, it's our Luffy. Our captain. Our Pirate King." And you both shared a smile, understanding one another.

"Oi, (y/n)!"

"Zoro's calling you."

He did. Standing next to Killer, he now pointed at you firmly, almost requestingly. Beyond his austere appearance and his common loner behaviour, Zoro always knew how to see things, hear them and exchange about them. Few were those who had the opportunity to see this side of him. His methods were harsh, nonetheless.

You raised your index to his attention. "Wait a moment." Calculative you and the red-haired looked upon the sleeping doctor. "Let's switch places very carefully so as not to wake him up." Once the boy settled and secured upon the navigator's lap, only then did you allow yourself to walk up to the two towers of men.

"What?"

"Don't be so glum." You immediately withdrew your previous ideas: Zoro was a professional bummer. To this, you could really only roll your eyes and smile forcibly. He got the message. There was hope for his social skills, after all. "You worry too much."

"(y/n)!" Happily Luffy wiggled - it's the word. Their are no other words to describe the weird moves he makes - his arms in the air.

"And....he spots you." added the swordsman.

Surely you went to your captain and patted his shoulder. "Yes, sir!" you teased. "Law," you greeted the doctor. He had been the oldest active ally to the crew, after all. He returned the favour: "(y/n)-ya." To the other, you addressed with a nod and a smile as if you had never talked. Of course, Luffy was quick to solve that problem : "Kid, that's (y/n)! She's the Cooper and Boatswa....way.....wen..."

"Boatswain, Luffy..."

"That! Anyway, she takes care of a lot of things. (y/n), kid. Kid, (y/n)." He was a mess.

"How come have I not seen you at Onigashima?" No polite greetings from this man, was there?

"I do bombs and when I don't I'm a long-range fighter. I do gadgets and stuff. No direct combat. Rarely. I stayed with the Heart Pirates and supervised everything through a drone. Brought meds through it, mostly. Supplies."

"You're a nerd?"

"I guess I am."

You looked over your captain. The plates were forming a tower but his belly wasn't a balloon. He was eating as much as usual but slower or had he realized you observed him? People only saw a naive idiotic pirate when they saw him. It was true for most of the time. Yet there were instances where he noted details. His caring nature took over. He saw a friend worry, he'd do anything to see them smile.

"Luffy, take care, ok?"

"Promise!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Happy New Year in advance you all

Happy New Year in advance you all. I wish you a year full of accomplishments and pride. Feel good. -Boo
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are closed!
➢Ace x Loving!Fierce!Female!Reader
➢Killer x Short!Shy!DarkHumored!Female!Reader
➢Sanji x Carefree!Baker!Male!Reader
➢Sanji x Confident!Flirty!Male!Reader