24. Fire (Ace x Female!Reader)❗️

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Lily-Fu - Deviantart

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by anonymous

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Kind
✏︎Cheerful
✏︎Insecure
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Come on, bring me with you!" wailed Luffy as he pouted like the childish young lad he was.

You and Ace chuckled as Sabo rolled his eyes. "It will be your turn one day, Luffy," responded the oldest of the three brothers. "But it's so sloooooooooooooow," he exaggerated as to make you pity him as you put one foot in the boat. Did it work? A little. "Come on lil' guy! It goes on faster than you think and-"

You were interrupted by a "GomuGomuNo"...The living snapshot was on and you fell in the water as Luffy hit you. You barely had the time to hear Sabo and Ace shout that you were underwater while the naive black haired stayed safe on the boat. You swimmed back up and cough loudly as air filled your lungs once again. You almost got knocked out by the boat as it tipped over under Ace's sudden weight as he came to your aid. You offered him your hand. However, to have a better grip, he grabbed your forearm to pull you back up on the deck.

"Are you alright?" he asked as Sabo was lecturing Luffy in the background.

You nodded as your arms hugged your chest, the stupid reflex humans has to warm themselves up. He helped you stand back up. A large hand of his reached your hip so you could lean on him more comfortably. That was one of the personality traits that made you fall in love with him years ago; he was selfless. Always puts others before himself. Portgas D. Ace truly had a heart of gold. The gentleman also had a childish curiosity and- "Huh?" He pinched your plump sides and you squealed, surprised. "What are you-"

"Hey, but you did lose some weight!"

"So I wasn't imagining it", you screamed happily at the purest shock of the two other boys. You've always been scientifically judged overweight and yet you were by far one of the most athletic individuals on Dawn Island. Others never believed it due to your physique. You suffered from an odd condition. No matter how much and hard you worked out, losing weight was unexpected. Your body naturally gained the weight you managed to lose when you did manage to get lighter. You weren't feeling upset when weight discussions were started. You were just very self-conscious about it. At least that's what you're trying to convince yourself...

After biding goodbyes to the two heart brothers and the island, you soon enough sailed away. As Dawn Island mountains slowly disappeared at the horizon, you looked up at the tall dark-haired. The sunset light emphasized his freckles and made his entire aura seem peaceful. Your heart skipped a beat. He cared for you, there was no doubt about that. But loving you? That would be the most hilarious joke ever played in the world...for others. Under no circumstances should he ever know how you felt. He most surely has felt your eyes on him as his black pupils laid down on you.

"What's up?"

"I'm just super excited," you exclaimed, smiling brightly.

★。\|/。★
Years later
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

"Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, OUCH!" you squawked as your hands were holding onto the chair seat for dear life as the needle entered your skin again. "I said ouch!"