🤍 23. Put me out of my misery🤍

{Edited 10/12/22}

It's nighttime. The school is empty. We were doing this stupid Senior prank night and we were nearly done with all the mouse traps. When suddenly Matt enters the classroom. It's dark inside, and when he steps inside he sets off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. He turns on the light and sees Tyler, Caroline, Elena Bonnie, and I here setting the traps.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline shouts and I throw a trap at the immortal human.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler said a bit disappointed.

"Clearly." Matt mumbled and I get up from the floor.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year. We even got the one and only Maddison Pierce to help us and she started this school LAST YEAR!!" Caroline shouts again and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena says and I wonder when the hell did anyone say something about her.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." Matt says shocked to see the doppelgänger even here.

"Caroline's making us." Bonnie mumbled and I chuckle.

"I honestly don't have anywhere else to be so I figured hey, this could be fun." I crossed my arms and headed towards the door. "Wait, why the hell are we setting up mouse traps in the dark anyways?"

"Because....just because. Look guys, we're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena says as she cuts Caroline off. I like this friend group when there aren't people trying to kill them.

"Go ahead and make fun of me, I don't care." Caroline crosses her arms and pouts.

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank." Tyler takes his bag and leaves. Elena's about to leave too.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie shouts behind her and she turns to face her.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories." She smiles and Caroline smiles too. "Maddison...join me?"

I look at her shockingly but I nod and leave out the classroom . "I love you both!" Caroline shouts behind us as we walk away.

We see Tyler giving instructions to other students while he hands them rolls of saran wrap. "Get the faculty toilet seats, and Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go." We laugh and open some double doors, then find ourself face-to-face with Klaus

My heart dropped to my feet and I became nearly paralyzed. "There's my girls."

"Klaus!" She grabs my arm and turns around and tries to run, but he's already in front of us.

"You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?" He then looks at me and walks dangerously close. "I'm going to kill you." He smirks and grab ahold of both me and Elenas arm. He then marches us through the school hallways. "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing. As for you Maddison I thought I could trust that you wouldn't dare run, not only did you run but you also killed my witch and failed to inform me that you knew that the doppelgänger was alive!!!"

"I don't have to tell you anything! And Gloria was my friend, Katherine killed her just to protect Stefan!!" I shouted and he looked at me quite angry.

"If you're going to kill us, just do it!" Elena shouts at the hybrid.