♥️ 83. If it's not one thing it's another♥️

"THEY DID WHAT!?" I shouted in the phone as I search the compound for Nik. Whenever I'm find him I'm going to kill him. Rebekah and Hayley called to tell me that Nik secretly told the vampires to continue their search for the wolves in bayou. I swear it's like things go in one ear and exits out the other. "Thanks for telling me Bekah, I'll talk to you later."

I hang up the phone and joins Klaus and Marcel at a table in the bar room, and take the bottle of bourbon out of Niks hand. "What was that for love?"

"Nik, do you see a sign on my face that says 'Disobey this whore' any where!!!" He looked at me confused and I shove his arm. "I told you that the wolves in the bayou were supposed to be left unharmed, but no you choose to go against my wishes and have them go out there anyway!!!"

"Maddison please, I have to get all of their trust. So what if they kill the wolf family, she'll enjoy her new one." He goes to touch my shoulder but I move. If this is how he's going to treat me when it comes to what I want or this town, then I hope someone give him exactly what he deserves. "Please love, don't act that way."

"Every time Nik, you do this to me. If it's not one thing it's another and I'm tired of it." He looks at me shockingly, I know that your probably saying here goes another argument, but I'm done with arguing. I believe it's finally time that he starts listening. "And I promise you that if you keep this up we're done." I walk away from him and pour myself a drink. "I mean you didn't even want to listen to the human faction."

"I think it was far more gracious than they deserved." Marcel and I glare at Klaus, who begins pouring them drinks. "You're both disappointed by my lack of diplomacy." He pays more attention to Marcel. "You out of all people should need no reminder of the human capacity for cruelty."

"All of us were once human Nik, and can you stop bringing up how he was a slave. Trust me, that's not something anyone should relive." I down my drink and pours myself another. I swear I hate when he talks about it, because it makes me mad or....well deadly.

Marcel remains silent, then suddenly Klaus' phone buzzes, and he rises from the chair to answer it. "Hello?"

"Mr. Mikaelson. I just wanted to let you know that the faction's considered your terms. We've reached a decision." I hear the sheriff say on the other end of the phone.

Klaus smiles amused. "Have you?"

"Yes, can you pass the phone to Ms. Pierce if she's around?" I raise an eyebrow and Nik hands me the phone and looks at me confused.

I take the phone and place it at my ear. "Ms. Pierce speaking."

"Ms. Pierce Hi, I just wanted to tell you that we also thought about your proposal."

"Okay, so what do you need?"

"Absolutely nothing." Suddenly, an explosion is heard from outside, and large amounts of automatic gunfire pierces through the walls and windows of the compound, scattering broken glass all over the bar room. Some daywalkers are hurt by the gunfire, and many of the nightwalkers go up in flames when they're hit by the sunlight. Someone screams. Marcel hurries to save one of the burning vampires from exposure, but both himself, Klaus and I are hit by machine gun shots. Marcel collapses and falls onto the floor in pain as Klaus covers him with his body. He holds my hand as I winch in pain, we both stare at each other clearly furious.

After a moment the gun fire stops and the room goes quiet. Nik helps me pull out the bullets and I help him once he's done. He then help Marcel and we all stand up from the floor. Standing alone in the compound's bar after the drive-by shooting. The room is now empty and the furniture's disarranged. The burned skeleton of a nightwalker lays near us. "Dammit, dammit, dammit!" Marcel becomes so enraged that he flips a table before angrily pointing at Klaus. "This is on you! Now that you're in charge, these are your guys laying dead. Your guys. You're gonna run this city, that better mean something to you, otherwise no one worth a damn is gonna follow you. No one!"