♥️ 80. You think that I'll choose them♥️

I quickly park my car outside of the compound and I vamp speed inside and I see vampires everywhere. I'm already very emotional about what's going on with my sister. I honestly don't need anyone's bullshit. I look at Rebekah disappointment and annoyed. "God damnit Rebekah, what have you done!?"

"I-..." She started but I cut her off.

"Just shut up, I don't even wanna know anymore." I mumble as I rub my temples. I really don't have the time neither the energy for any of this.

"Welcome back home love, your best friend here is having a bit of a fit. Now, apologies for my behavior can come later. They have something of mines. I want it back." Nik says as he walks over to me and grabs my hand pulling me farther inside.

"Apologies for your behavior? You don't apologize, Nik. You just act. I've had enough. We have had enough." Rebekah snaps at her brother then she looks at me. "You either join my side, or go down along with him."

I couldn't believe my ears. Did my best friend just try to get me to choose sides and I already told her what would happen if they try to take him down. I can never get a break with these people. "My sister is dying Bexs. She cried on my shoulders before I left and while I was trying to be there for her my phone goes off. It's Nik, telling me that you planned something with Marcel and while I'm having family issues I have to come back to this?"

"Maddison aren't you tired of him? Don't you wanna be free from the everyday arguing, and the hurting other people around you that you care about?" She asked as tears leave her eyes.

"Look at you." I mumbled. "Finally in possession of the one thing that can take you down. How does it feel Bekah, we're you playing on using that on me if I chose your brother over you?"

"Maddison why are you acting like this?" Bekah asked and I look at her with disbelief.

"MY SISTER IS DYING, and I had to leave her side just to come and stand by his! Rebekah I told you that if you go after him then you're coming after me. I DON'T NEED YOUR SOB STORY!!" I shouted at my best friend and she grips her hand on my dagger.

Marcel, Rebekah, and his vampires crowd around Klaus and I. We stand in the middle of the circle and Klaus spreads his arms. "Let's end this charade, shall we? Vampires of New Orleans! Do recall that my girl is an Original. I am the original hybrid. We cannot be killed. Eternity is an awfully long time. How long, do you think, Marcel will stay in power? What if one of you lot were to release us, knowing we will be eternally in your debt? Oh, I would pity those of you who dared to cross me....especially her. I can assure you, your ends would be spectacular. To borrow a trick from an old friend--" He reaches out his hand, which holds a large gold coin. "-- Whoever picks up this coin gets to live." He drops the coin on the floor in front of us. "Now, which of you magnificent bastards wants to join me?"

"Anyone wants that coin, pledge allegiance to Klaus and Maddison. Take it now. Go ahead. The choice is yours." Marcel tells the crowd and my eyes doesn't leaves Rebekah's.

"Rebekah it doesn't have to be like this." I mumbled and a tear leaves her eye.

No one moves, except for Klaus, who is slightly astonished that no one picks up the coin. Marcel looks at him, proud of the loyalty his minions show. "Take them."

Some of the vampires lunge for Klaus, but he easily takes them out. I kick one of them in their chest and they fly back into the wall. Klaus and I look at the couple and he smirks, however, when Klaus stretches his arms wide on either side, two other vampires wrap his wrists in chains and bind him. Everyone cheers as they drag Klaus back.

"REBEKAH!!" I shout as my vampire face come out. "I guess this is the end of our friendship." I vamp speed towards her, but with her being faster she grabs me and toss me away.