🤍 37. That's their mom🤍

"Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?" Elijah asked the youngest Salvatore.

"I don't know. Ask Damon." He answered sarcastically.

Klaus and I laugh and I nearly choke on my drink. Elijah looks at us confused as he throw his hands up, as his elbows rest on the table.

"I'm sorry, you've missed so much." Klaus say as he rubs my back.

"Trouble in paradise." I chuckle and Stefan glares at us. "She's switching brothers. Sounds very familiar to me."

"One more word about Elena and this dinner's over." Stefan snarls and I act like I'm zipping my mouth shut and placing the imaginary key in my pocket. Meanwhile, Klaus smiles and puts a finger to his lips as a promise to keep quiet about Doppelbitch.

"You know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile." Damon say as he sips his wine.

"You're probably right." Klaus rubs on my thigh and I look over towards him.

"Are you trying to start something?" I asked the hybrid and he leans over to my ear and whispers something. Everyone with vamp hearing eyes popped open and they all sipped their wine.

Klaus kiss my cheek and smirk as he pulls away. "Back to another topic, It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?" I raise an eyebrow at the hybrid.

"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" Elijah asked his brother as he throws his napkin on the table.

"Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line." Klaus looks at me and smile. "My little love here isn't even a doppelgänger and yet, she's got us all in a trance."

"How about we stop talking about me and we start to talk about this Tatia chick. I mean I've always wanted to hear about at least one of your ex's." I look over to one of the girls and gesture for her to come over. As she do I cut her hand and make the blood drip into my empty glass.

"Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please, do tell." Damon takes a sip of wine.

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus." I shoo the girl away as Elijah speak, then I look over to Klaus.

"I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much." He winks at me and I playfully roll my eyes.

"Wait a minute. So you both loved the same girl?" Stefan asked shockingly and I sip my blood. I decided to stop drinking alcohol at the wrong fucking time.

"Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time Niklaus and I...grew estranged. Harsh words were traded, we even came to blows, didn't we, brother?"

"But in the end we realized the sacred bond of family." Klaus and Elijah grab their wine glasses.

"Family above all." Elijah and Klaus raise their glasses.

"Family above all." They clink their glasses together and I just look at them.

"This story sounds familiar. The loving the same girl and fighting over her bit." I wink at the brothers and they roll their eyes.