♥️106. The new Mikaelson member♥️

I was walking through the compound when suddenly I hear books getting thrown around. I look around and see a book flying out of the study and over the balcony. "Well, there's my worst nightmare." I mumbled as I go up the stairs and enter the study. I duck when I see book heading in my direction. "Woah! Niklaus can I help you find something!?"

Klaus was searching furiously for something on the bookshelf. "Yes, in fact, I believe you can, love. I'm looking for a book, about yea big, filled with my mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced."

Elijah walks in as Klaus throws a book back without looking at us and I catch it with my vamp speed, before it hits Elijah's face. "Well, how very mysterious." Lijah says and he slowly removes the book from my hand and goes to sit at his desk.

"Indeed. At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with me and Maddison relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home." He notices Elijah nonchalantly scribbling in a notebook. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be, brother."

"Well, admittedly, I did have a theory that your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the Crescent wolves. Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty little fingers could not pry."

I chuckle and goes to have a seat. As I do the boys look at me a bit shocked. I look at the both of them and raise my eyebrow. "What?"

"Are you feeling okay, love?" Nik asked and I cross my arms.

"Um, I'm perfectly fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're not wearing any of those ridiculous leather jackets." Elijah says as he looks back at what he was writing.

"First of all, I just didn't feel like wearing a jacket today and secondly, my jackets aren't ridiculous. They're just really cute with everything that I wear. Shouldn't you be worried about Niklaus and the wolves?"

Nik roll his eyes and puts his attention back on his brother. "And here I thought you, of all people, would understand. I am simply trying to help those wolves! Play Samaritan to the abused. Champion to the underdog, so to speak."

"How splendidly noble of you." Elijah mumbles and I bite my lip trying not to laugh.

Klaus walks over to me and place his hands on my shoulder. I instantly stop trying to laugh. "Have you ever considered that, like you and Maddison, I am trying to keep Hayley safe? Using our mother's magic to empower her people so they are capable of protecting her? We owe her that after all she's done for us."

Elijah stands up and walks toward him. "Yes, unless, of course, they decide to seek retribution for decades held in exile, and Hayley will find herself in the middle of an uprising. One that will only provoke further violence. You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, brother. I won't let that happen."

"The drums of war were beating long before we returned. I suggest you use a little less of this..." He makes a talking gesture with his hand. "...and a little more of these." He points to his ears, and smiles fakely before sitting on the couch next to me.

I laugh as he sits and I go to stand up. "You two need to worry about the name of the new Mikaelson member that is soon to be born." I walk over to the scotch and pours me a glass. "I had a few in mind."

"Please love, do tell the names of newest member of our family." Nik say as he looks over at me and smiles fakely.

"You seem to not care so I won't tell you anything." I drink my now poured scotch and go over to sit on Elijah's desk. "This is serious Niklaus."