🤍 47. Maybe I need to say the magic words🤍

I was staring out my car window, not really wanting to go inside. I never told Katherine about what happened, I want her to continue looking for my friend Hayley. I met Hayley a while back, she was looking for her family. At the time Katherine and I were looking for a wolf to hand over to Klaus, so I kept Hayley as secret because I actually liked her.

It's daytime and I didn't really get much sleep. I didn't even leave my car, Klaus has been calling and texting me non stop. I promised him that I wouldn't run but, how could I keep a promise like that when he constantly gives me problems to run from.

I decided to finally get out of the car and head towards the door. "FIND HER!" I hear Nik shout as I walked through the doors. His backed was turned away and his hybrid look at me as if they were happy that they could finally stop searching.

I gesture my head towards the door for them to leave and they do. Nik was in the living room, being creative working on an abstract painting on an easel. After not even five seconds I guess he caught my scent because he stopped painting, but still never faced me. "Where were you?"

"I needed alone time, what's wrong with that?" I asked as I crossed my arms and started to head towards the door but Rebekah enters.

"Hey your back, I was worried about you."

Before I could answer my bestie, Klaus began to speak. "What took you so long?"

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." She shows him the stake. "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

"That's it?" I asked kinda happy that this is all over, now it's time to deal with my real problems.

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do any of you want to do the honors or shall I?" Klaus puts the paintbrush down, takes the stake from his sister hand and throws it into the flames in the fireplace. The flames flare up around the stake. "Well that's that then."

"Both of you pack your bags, we're leaving." I look at the hybrid confused as he turn to face us.

"Today?" Rebekah and I asked in unison.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset." Of course it always lead back to Elena and his stupid hybrids.

"But tonight is the decade dance."  Rebekah complained and I honestly for got about that. She told me that they canceled it yesterday and then changed it to tonight.

"So?"

"So, Maddison and I are head of the committee, we have to go."

"As in we, you do mean you." I point at Rebekah. "And me right?" I point at myself.

"No you, me, and Nik."

"I'm not going to any dance." He tells his sister as he roll his eyes.

"Yea he's not coming I don't need him ruining my night." I mumble and Klaus looks at me a bit pissed.

"What is your problem? You go missing for the night and you don't even bother to call to tell me that you're safe. Now, when you finally do come home your pissed off at me for what!? I swear if your mad at me about not wanting your bloody kids THEN GET OVER IT CAUSE IT'S NEVER GOING TO BLOODY HAPPEN!!!!"

I'm not even going to cry this time. I'm not going to sit here and waist my tears on him. I could see it now, Klaus attempting to change diapers. I could see a happy future with this man but, how could he not want this.

"You wanna know why I'm pissed Niklaus..?" I pull out my phone and shows it to Rebekah.

"This is very beautiful. What is it?" She asked and I just stare at the hybrid.