♥️87. How could I have been this stupid♥️

The next day Elijah, Klaus, and I are discussing our current predicament while Elijah looks through an old book about witches throughout the ages. I slept in a different room last night and I couldn't really sleep. I haven't said one word to Nik since yesterday and I
still need to find a way to tell Elijah what I've done. This day can not get any worst.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina." Elijah explained as I slowly sipped on my bourbon.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence." Nik states towards his brother and I pay him absolutely no mind.

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?"

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus gets up and him and Elijah makes themselves drinks at the bar while we listen to Davina and Marcel fight. "Well, that's going well."

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah says in the most calmest tone.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Nik asked and I down my drink. I'm honestly not ready for today at all.

"Give me a month. I'll get you list." Elijah says sarcastically and I chuckle.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." I feel Nik staring in my direction but I refuse to look in those beautiful blue eyes. "Mad-"

"I'm going check on Davina." I get up and leave out of the room before he could even finish my name. I didn't even want to give him a chance to try and fix things with me. I always seem to let him right in as soon as possible but I'm no longer doing that with him.

"Davina, Davina!" I hear Marcel shout as I enter the room to investigate.

"What's going on?" I asked and I stop in my tracks and gasp when I see Davina throwing up soil. "Holy shit."

"What's with all the racket?" Klaus ask from behind me and I quickly rush over to Davina and hold her hair. He stops in his tracks as well as she continues throwing up soil. "Bloody hell."

I rubbed her back then suddenly the house begins to shake violently, as though it's an earthquake. I share a look Nik and Marcel and gets up to leave the room.

"What the hell is going on?" Rebekah asked as she looks up at the balcony and look at Hayley and Elijah confused.

Klaus and I walks out to join them. "Davina." We both say simultaneously and all of us just share looks. I head back in the room with Davina and sit beside her as I hold her hand. "Go ahead Marcel I got her." He nods and leaves the room and when I look up Rebekah, looking worried, rushes into the room to check on her. She sits on the other side of Davina
and Davina is laying weakly on her bed.

"Hey. What kind of game do you think you're playing? I said disrupt the household, not destroy the whole city." Rebekah mumbles to the girl and I raise an eyebrow.

"What are you up to this time Bexs?" I asked and she just looks at me and roll her eyes. "I don't even care."

"I didn't do it. Not on purpose. I-- I don't know what's wrong with me." D says weakly and I feel her forehead.