♥️117. This isn't the end♥️

Klaus, Elijah and Hayley sit in our room, while I sit with the baby in the rocking chair in the nursery, located right across from our bedroom. I look at my baby and smile, this is the moment I've been waiting for. I've been waiting to hold this little girl in my arms since I heard of her existence. I never thought that I could love something so much that I feel as if it might kill me.

Even if I have to sacrifice everything for my baby girl, I would and wouldn't think twice about it. Now that Esther is coming after my baby I'm ready to fight, and I won't stop until she's safe.

"We should have felt our mother's hand in this. We should have known she would not be bound by anything as obvious as death. And now she has control of the witches. They will never stop." I hear Nik say as I look at our beautiful daughter.

"No." Elijah mumbles as he watch his brother pace around the room.

"Nor would I expect the Guerrera wolves to back down. Hayley is wolf royalty, and as such, she is a threat to Francesca's claim to the leadership." Unbeknownst to the brothers, I'm listening to them talk from the nursery. I frown as I hear them talk and I I don't want to come up with this idea, but it seems like I have to.

"No one will be safe." Nik pauses for a beat. "What was it you said to me earlier? That I have made enemies every day of my miserable life? Well, the worst of them are within these borders, brother." Elijah sighs in frustration, clearly feeling guilty. "I have brought into the world a weapon they can use against me." Nik says sadly and I can't help but to let a tear escape my eye.

"Then we will arm ourselves! Brother, we have fought every adversary in this town, and we have won. And we'll fight them again, no matter who they are! We will make this home a fortress." Elijah tells his brother and I feel Nik eyes on me.

Klaus then lowers his voice. "I will not have her live her life as a prisoner."

"Then we leave here, together. All of us." Hayley tells the brothers and I sigh.

"Wherever we go, however far we run, those who seek power and revenge will hunt us! They will hunt her. She has inherited all of our enemies with none of our defenses." Klaus tells the wolf as he looks back at his brother and her.

"So, whether we stay, or we leave-- we condemn her." Elijah mumbles and I kiss my baby's forehead as I get up and appear in the doorway with the baby in my arms.

"There's a third option. I grew up running." Klaus, Elijah, and Hayley looks surprised as they turn to face me, as I look wrecked. "My parents loved me deeply. But, in the end, they were slaughtered, and I spent my life running away from the man that I loved." I look down at my daughter and smile at her, while trying to hold back tears. "I made a promise, to my baby, and to myself, that she would not grow up like I did. That she would grow up safe, and loved. And yet, here she is, on her first day in this world, with a grandmother who is bent on sacrificing her--." I start to stutter as I cry. "And a-a surrogate who has to drink the blood of my own baby to survive transitioning into a hybrid. I'm the one who loves her the most." They all just look at me, saddened and devastated by our current situation. "I think the only thing to do is... send her away... while we stay behind and clean up the mess that we've made."

"No! This is insane. You heard Genevieve-- so long as she lives, that baby will be hunted." Elijah says shocked by the words that have left my mouth.

This is the only way to protect her, and to keep her safe. I don't want anyone to hurt her and if I have to send her way just to make sure that she lives I will.

Klaus suddenly stands and joins me and our baby in the doorway. "Not if no one knows she lives."

Elijah becomes confused. "What is it you intend to do, brother?"