♥️98. This is how our story ends♥️

Klaus and Elijah continue to fight. Rebekah was on the phone with Marcel and I didn't want to intrude so now I'm back in the same place I started. Watching these two fight as if this was in a boxing ring or something.

"So what's it gonna be? You hold both weapons. Tunde's blade would put me down, but the stake could finish me off for good." Klaus stares at his brother filled with anger.

"Well-- unlike you, brother-- I have no taste for fratricide." He holds up the stake. "I only hold this to keep it from you." He holds up Papa Tunde's blade. "This is just my insurance."

"Why must you defend her? Rebekah betrayed you, as well, when she brought Mikael here."

"Because she is our sister, and because I like to remember her the way that she was before we became what we became. She was an innocent girl, quick to laugh, full of life." I smile at the thought of a human Rebekah.

"My memories serve to make her betrayal more painful." Klaus mumbles and I roll my eyes.

"Can you not then accept some small part of the blame? After all, Niklaus, it was your cruelty that led her to do what she did." I snap at the hybrid and he looks at me with a hurt expression.

"Do you not see, Maddison? She didn't mean to chase me off. She wanted me dead."

"You're wrong." Elijah states towards his brother.

"She has always hated me. You know that's true." He looks at me. "Both of you do."

"You have no idea, do you? You have no idea what she was prepared to do for you. When our sister sees something that she perceives to be an injustice, she can be stubborn, impetuous, and, at times, downright dangerous. And never was this more apparent than the night she tried to kill our father." My eyes widened at Elijah's words and I quickly snap my head in his direction. If that doesn't explains her love for him then I don't know what does.

"What is this, some melodramatic fiction designed to garner my sympathy?"

"It is the truth. I was there. And she would have done it, all to protect you, had I not stopped her. I often wished that I could revisit that moment, complete the task myself."

"You're a great brother." I said sarcastically and they both glare at me. "Just saying."

"Why are you telling me this now?" Klaus ask his brother and I lean closer to know the answer as well.

"Niklaus, sometimes our sister acts without thinking. She's short of temper, she's quick to fall in love, but she loves you. But, your malicious treatment has broken her heart. So, yes, she responded by summoning our father. Yes, that was a mistake. I'm not entirely sure that I can blame her."

"I can." Klaus vamp-speeds to the tomb where Rebekah is hiding, but Elijah beats him there, defensively holding a weapon in each of his hands.

In one ear and out the other. I vamp speed to where they are as I have a seat on top of one of the tombs.

"Niklaus, so help me--" Elijah starts but Nik cuts him off.

"Are you really going to stand against me? And not with that pathetic blade. You'd just have to pull it out someday, and then I'd hate you as I do her, now. If you want to protect Rebekah, you'll need to use the white oak stake."