i dreamed a dream

"I had a dream my life would be, so different from this hell I'm living"

*          *           *

   Spencer's chest felt heavy as he walked down the dark hallways of his home. He furrowed his eyebrows, a sense of dread forming a tight knot in his chest. He reached his hand out, letting it glide along the wall as he noticed all of his pictures were missing. Every photo hanging up was gone. His wedding photos were missing. This didn't feel real.

   As he continued to walk, he came across his bedroom door slightly opened. A small light flickered inside. He slowly pushed the door open and looked around, the room empty except for his bed. There wasn't anything on the nightstands. Bella's glasses and stack of books were gone. 

   "Bella?" Spencer questioned, worry leaking out of him. "Bells?"

   There was nothing but loud silence as Spencer walked out of the bedroom. He looked inside the library, office, and empty bedrooms only to find nothing. Quickly bolting downstairs, he flung open doors just to find air. 

   His head was spinning as he looked around the house, his wife missing. Slowly, his hand reached for the door to the basement before opening it up. The long, dreaded staircase sat in front of him as he slowly made his way down. His hands quickly searched the wall for the light before he quickly flicked it on, only to immediately regret it.

   On the floor laid Bella, red blood staining her clothes and dampening her hair. Her face was lifeless, her eyes closed and her full lips slightly parted. Her growing stomach was unmoving, a large stab wound in her chest. Spencer fell to his knees before crawling over to Bella, his clothes getting soaked in her blood.

   "No, no, no, no," Spencer whispered as he gave Bella a shake, picking up no sign of life. "Bella!"

   He continued to shake her, reaching for her pulse only to feel nothing. He shook his head as tears clouded his vision. He began to perform CPR, only to get no response. A loud cry escaped his mouth as he picked up his deceased wife, hugging her to his chest.

   "I'm sorry," he whispered, his hand reaching down only to feel that her growing stomach was now flat. 

   As he furrowed his eyebrows, Bella's body suddenly disappeared from his arms. She was gone, vanishing into thin air. Spencer looked around at himself, looking down at his blood soaked clothes. 

   "BELLA!" he screamed as his house starting to collapse on top of him. "BELLA!!!"

   Spencer sat up quickly with tears rolling down his cheeks. His chest was heavy as he looked around the room, slowly picking himself up and off of the living room couch. He stared at the TV ahead of him, a commercial about mops playing loudly. He got up quickly, almost knocking over the cup of coffee that sat on the table in front of him.