ob-la-di, ob-la-da

"La-la, how the life goes on"

*                 *                  *

   In Bella's eyes, change was always scary. But, as she got older, she realized how good change could actually be. Change came with a lot of courage, it meant facing the unknown. It meant walking into a dark room and slowly opening your eyes only to adjust to light. Change was real and it happened all the time. After 15 years in the BAU, Bella soon realized how good change could actually be for so many people. 

   Every morning was weird to Spencer, he would wake up and go to shake Bella awake only to realize that he didn't have to. It was strange having to get ready for work alone. Top tip-toe throughout the house hoping not to make a sound, to make breakfast for one, to quietly fill Rigby's food bowl and give him more treats than Bella would like, to move his gun safe so it didn't wake Bella up, to kiss Bella and the girls on the forehead gently before leaving for work.

   Each morning, Bella would grin as she felt Spencer's scruff against her skin. Her eyes would slowly peel open to look at the grinning man above her. She'd grab him by the tie and pull him in for a real kiss, hearing him promise to stay safe as he slowly pulled away from the kiss. He would boop her nose and promise to be back, something that seemed simple but Bella always feared wouldn't happen. She feared the fact that he was on the field while she was at home. She dreaded anything bad happening to him.

   After Spencer would leave for work, Bella would get out of bed and get the girls up. She would make breakfast and turn on the radio, dancing in the kitchen with the girls as their curly hair bounced. Bella struggled each morning to tame Emma's hair that she inherited from Spencer, but it was nearly impossible. Both Ophelia and Ivy were developing Bella's thick, blonde hair. 

   Bella would drop Emma off at school, a place that Emma loved attending. She was constantly eager to learn, running into school with her purple backpack barely hanging on. After dropping her off, Bella would take Ophelia and Ivy to the park. They'd sit on the fresh grass and read books or look at the clouds. Other days were filled with adventures to the library, the beach, the store, or a small goat farm that Ophelia enjoyed going to.

   After getting Emma from school, they'd head home and settle down. Bella would make dinner while the girls watched a Disney movie, the songs getting stuck in Bella's head. On the better nights, Spencer would be home in time for dinner. He'd gather the girls in his arms as they ran to him, kissing them on the forehead and swinging them around. On other nights, he would call and tell Bella the state he was in with the team. He'd talk to the girls on the phone and promise to be home soon. 

   At night, once the girls were asleep, Bella would call Spencer and ask about the case. Sometimes, Spencer would brush it off, not wanting to talk about death and destruction. He would ask about her day and listen as she went into great detail about everything she and the girls did that day. Some nights, Spencer would talk about the current case he was working on. Bella would give some insight, secretly missing the job. 

   As she slept, her dreams became more peaceful. She didn't see as much death and gore. She was able to relax and smile as she drifted off into peaceful dreams. On rare occasions she would have dreams, immediately calling Spencer to tell him what happened. But, most of the time she was happy with what she saw as she slept. She would inhale the sheets, smelling Spencer's familiar coffee scent. She would keep her hand where Spencer usually slept, eventually feeling a dip in the bed as Spencer climbed in. He would hold her and trail kisses down her neck, and no matter how tired he was, he would stay up for hours just to listen to her talk. Even on one hour of sleep, he would tend to a crying baby just so Bella could rest.

   Bella found herself comforting Spencer a lot after cases, wiping his tears away and rubbing his back. Spencer would constantly remind Bella how much he loved her and the girls. Some nights Bella would wake up to the sound of Spencer's phone ringing, followed by his deep and exhausted voice telling the team that he would be there as soon as he could. 

   Emma and Ophelia began to grow curious as to what Spencer did for a living. Bella would tell them that he put bad guys away and helped people, Emma and Ophelia wondering if Spencer was a superhero. They learned that Bella used to work too but needed a little break. Bella liked to bring the girls into the BAU every once and a while. The team would be ecstatic to see them, JJ sneaking them chocolates from her desk while Penelope gave them toys to play with. 

   The team loved the girls with all their hearts. JJ would constantly offer to babysit, Bella knowing that she just loved to take the girls out for hot chocolate. Penelope loved to spoil the girls, buying them sparkly dresses and pink shoes. Hotch bought them the biggest dollhouse in the store. Derek was notorious for giving them more strawberry popsicles than they needed and pretending to throw them in the pool. Emily would allow the girls to braid her hair as she laughed at the number of bows they would put in her hair. Rossi liked to buy the girls books and read to them as they snuggled into his lap. Matt would host all the sleepovers, pretending not to be overwhelmed by the number of children in his house. Tara would play hide and seek with them and tickle them until they couldn't breathe. Luke always allowed them to do his makeup, laughing as they slapped on blue eyeshadow and red lipstick. 

   The domestic life was catching up to Bella, something she never thought would happen. Holidays were more fun because she didn't have the fear of being called out. She could focus on decorating and baking beautiful cakes. She and Spencer would take the girls to the hill a lot, having picnics and explaining the history that happened on that hill. They'd get home and grab all the blankets in the house, building a giant fort where Spencer would tell stories until the girls' stomachs hurt from laughing. Spencer and Bella would sneak away once they were asleep, collapsing onto their own bed.

   Bella would host lots of playdates, typically having Hank over. He and Emma would run around the backyard, scrapping their legs as they climbed trees and making potions with leaves and sticks. Emma had a love for painting and she was never afraid to voice her opinion, despite her petite size. 

   There were soon new additions to the family. After over a decade of infertility, Phoebe decided to adopt a little boy from Japan. He was sweet and had dark eyes and was loved unconditionally. On February 5, 2021, Sofia Juniper Alvez was born with dark hair and even darker eyes. Luke and Aurora adored her, showing her off to anyone that they talked to.

   And soon, change became even more apparent in Bella's life. Within the next two years, the entire BAU saw a shift. Emily became the director of the FBI, JJ became a special agent in charge of the New Orleans field office, Rossi retired, and Penelope took the job in Silicon Valley. They all went their separate ways, hugging each other and promising to stay in touch forever. 

   It felt like a dream when Spencer was asked to become the unit chief of the BAU. He couldn't believe that he was once the "kid" of the team, and was now standing in the place where Gideon once stood. He accepted the job and fought back tears, frozen in disbelief and joy. 

   The BAU had to rebuild, and it did. Tara, Luke, and Matt stayed on the job along with Spencer. Florence eventually graduated, getting rid of the title of intern and earning the title of special agent. Her cousin, Kai, was hired as the new technical analyst. For he proved himself after helping catch Shawn Snow. Charlotte decided to rejoin the bureau, realizing how much she missed the job.

   Even though everything was different, everything was good. Everything felt right. Change was ok. Change meant that you were growing and getting older. Even though change can hurt, it builds you up at some point. 

   And change made life so much more happier. 

__________________________

Song: "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" by The Beatles

A/N: Hi....heyyy. Sorry for the slow updates, it's been a week and I'm STILL trying to recover from Stranger Things (peep the new pfp) Also, change is good y'all, don't come at me. 2 chapters left! I can't believe it omg. Ok, see you soon!