at last

"For you are mine"

"For you are mine"

*                  *                  *

   "Remind me again, why are you throwing a party?" JJ asked, looking down at the invitation Luke had just handed her.

   "To celebrate my wonderful engagement!" Luke exclaimed with a smile.

   "You're throwing a party because you got engaged 3 weeks ago?" Matt scoffed. "I just got a lecture from my father."

   Luke scoffed, "Is it really that weird to want to celebrate something happy? It's going to be fun! Dancing, drinking, good food...nothing gets better than that."

   As Bella and Spencer walked by, Luke shoved an invitation into their hands. Bella widened her eyes and stumbled back, looking down at the deep purple piece of paper. 

   "A party?" she questioned. "For your engagement? Really?"

   "That's what I said!" Matt exclaimed.

   "A party for an engagement?" Rossi questioned, taking an invite from Luke's hands while holding his coffee in the other hand. "All I got was a half-smile from my mother...and that was with my first wife. My third one is a completely different story."

   "I cannot believe this!" Luke laughed. "Rory and I thought that this would be great for all of us! Some time away from all the murder and gore."

   "You're right, Luke," JJ said. "This does look fun."

   Luke nodded, "What party isn't fun?"

   "Party?" Penelope exclaimed, her bright pink heels clicking on the floor as she made her way over to the group of agents. "Someone is throwing a party? Who is having a party? I love parties!"

   "Luke is throwing a party this Saturday," Tara said, taking a sip of her coffee. "And it seems to be pretty extravagant."

   "Ooooh!" Penelope gasped, taking an invite. "It's going to be a mascarade ball? THIS IS AMAZING!"

   "And it's going to be held in Melrose Castle?" Emily read, her face full of shock. "How much did that cost you?"

   "Oh it doesn't matter," Luke said with a shake of his head. "I just can't buy dinner for the rest of the month, but it's ok!"

   "Mascarade ball?" JJ smiled. "And we have to dress up?"

   "Dressing up is mandatory," Luke said. "If you're not in your finest gown or suit, paired with a mask, you will be asked to leave. Rory was VERY serious about this."

   "You don't want to mess with Rory," Spencer said. "She has a tendency to yell...and hit...and occasionally bite?"

   "Just follow her instructions," Bella grinned. 

   Luke smiled, "We really want all of you there along with whoever you decide to bring. It's really important to us that you go. We PROMISE that you're going to have fun."