eventually

"Wish I could turn you back into a stranger"

*                          *                         *

   "Good morning, my girls," Spencer greeted, kicking the front door closed behind him as he carried Ophelia on his hip with one arm and a bag of groceries with the other arm.

   "Hi, dada!" Emma waved, chewing on a blueberry from her fruit salad.

   "Hey there, pumpkin!" Spencer exclaimed, planting a large kiss on her forehead. 

   "Mama make fruit!"

   Spencer widened his eyes, "She made the fruit? Wow!"

   Bella chuckled, taking the groceries from Spencer and greeting him with a kiss. Spencer turned his attention to Ophelia, brushing away her blonde hair.

   "Are you hungry, bug?" he asked before Ophelia started to nod eagerly. 

   "Breakfast time!" he exclaimed, ticking her stomach as she let out a loud laugh.

   Spencer smiled, setting her down in her high chair before playfully squeezing Emma's small nose. She laughed, swatting at his hand as Spencer went to make Ophelia's formula. 

   "How was grocery shopping?" Bella asked, chopping up some strawberries. 

   "Good!" Spencer exclaimed. "We ran into one small little problem, though."

   "What's that?"

   "Uh, so, when we left the store I saw that Ophelia had stolen a banana."

   Bella furrowed her eyebrows, "She stole a banana? How the hell did she manage to do that?"

   "I was buying some other fruit and she must've swiped it when I wasn't looking. I returned it immediately."

   "That's bizarre."

   "I know, I don't know how I missed her stealing an entire banana and how she managed to conceal it from me."

   Bella looked over at Ophelia to see the young child reaching for the bananas in Emma's fruit salad. She stole one, bringing it to her mouth as Emma pouted.

   "Phee stealed!" Emma exclaimed loudly.

   "Phee stole," Bella corrected as Emma moved away from her younger sister. "She really wants bananas today, huh?"

   "So strange," Spencer whispered with a shake of his head.

   Bella grabbed some bananas off the counter, cutting them up to give to Ophelia. Spencer looked at his youngest child in utter confusion. 

   "We aren't having any more kids," Bella whispered, moving next to Spencer.

   "I don't know if I could handle any more strangeness," Spencer chuckled.