ivy

"And now I'm covered in you"

*              *             *

8 MONTHS LATER

   Birds chirped loudly as they flew overhead, the warm sun beating down on them as they landed on large tree branches. They sang loudly, landing in their nests and bringing worms to their young. Ants ran by on the hot sidewalk, carrying breadcrumbs, while grasshoppers hid themselves in the lush grass. 

   Quiet 80s music echoed from a radio in the distance, followed by the loud laughter and chit chat amongst a group of people. Fluffy white clouds formed shapes in the light blue sky. Bright flowers grew, their petals spread open and their stems soaking in cool water.

   Bella walked by with a bright smile on her face, clad in old overalls with her hair pulled back into a low bun. The bright sun warmed her pale skin as she hummed to herself. A large paintbrush fell in front of her, staining the green grass a baby blue. Bella picked it up, looking up and handing it back to Spencer as he stood on a ladder.

   He thanked her with a wink, going back to painting their rebuilt house the same color blue that it had been for years, and would remain for eternity. Bella continued to smile as she made her way over to the other side of the house, watching as Luke got his hands stained blue as he painted the house as well. She handed him a cold glass of lemonade, patting him on the back before turning and making her way towards the front of the house.

   Her smile grew as she appoached a large, red and white picnic blanket that laid on the ground. Emma rolled around on the grass, staining her jeans shorts as she chased after Ophelia and Julian. Julian laughed, his curly dark hair bouncing as the pins in Ophelia's blonde hair began to fall out. Barbie dolls and toy trucks decorated the blanket, bowls of chopped up fruit threatening to spill over. 

   Aurora sat on the blanket, watching their children play as she held the new baby in her arms. The baby sucked on the bottle of milk Aurora was fitting them. Bella smiled, approaching the group as her heart warmed.

   "Hi guys!" Bella exclaimed. 

   "Mama, Phee and Julian like to play tag!" Emma exclaimed, a wide smile on her face.

   Bella gasped, "They do? That's good! Who's the fastest?"

   Emma raised her hand up high as Bella laughed, ruffling her hair before walking over to Aurora. She sat down next to her sister, glad that she could finally take a break from all the painting that she had to do.

   "I'm going to steal your baby," Aurora whispered, continuing to rock the small infant.

   "Don't get too far ahead of yourself," Bella joked, reaching over and touching Aurora's stomach. "You're going to have one of your own in another 7 months."

   "It's weird being pregnant again," Aurora laughed. "Luke and I were just going to have Julian, but once we saw you pop this angel out...we knew that we needed to have another."