thank you

"I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all"

* * *

   Emma babbled and played with her stuffed giraffe as she sat in her stroller. Bella hummed to herself, taking in the scenery of the peaceful hiking trail. The warm sun beat down on her skin as her skin and hair glowed in it. Birds chirped and sand brushed over her sneakers as she continued to walk.

   "What do you think, Em?" Bella asked. "It's pretty out, hm?"

   The baby cooed in response, Bella grinning to herself as she spotted a bench, pushing the stroller over to it and stopping. Her legs burned and her feet ached as she took Emma out of the stroller, adjusting the sun hat on her before setting her on her hip. 

   With a grin, she sat down on the bench with Emma in her lap. The baby had a smile on her face as she looked around, staring at the different trees and birds that flew by. Bella watched as Emma's hazel eyes lit up, her dimples deepening as a butterfly flew past her nose.

   "That was a butterfly, Em," Bella smiled. "Your Aunt Penny likes to buy you shirts that have butterflies on them."

   Emma continued to giggle and look around at the beautiful nature. Bella's heart thudded against her chest with pure love as she stared at her daughter. She didn't know it was possible to love another human being so much. 

   She pulled Emma into her chest, planting a kiss on her cheek and tickling her stomach. Emma let out another giggle and squirmed in Bella's arms. As Bella let out a laugh, the sound of a loud groan filled her ears. Furrowing her eyebrows, Bella turned and looked around only to realize that no one was around. The groans continued as Bella stood up.

   "What the hell?" she whispered underneath her breath.

   Bella set Emma back down in the stroller, soothing her as she started to fuss. She continued to look around, the groans intensifying. They sounded like someone was in pure pain. Like they were in excruciating agony. 

   "Help me!" the voice called out. "Please! Help me!"

   Hesitantly, Bella pushed the stroller closer to the sound of the voice. She followed the sound of the groans of pain, realizing that she was approaching a large cliff. She caught her breath as the pleas for help started to get louder and louder. Bella got closer to the ledge, keeping the stroller back as she peered over the ledge.

   A gasp escaped Bella's mouth as she looked down, seeing a man laying at the bottom of the steep drop. Blood oozed out of his mouth and his legs twisted in odd ways as he struggled to breathe and stay awake.

   "Hel-help me," he begged.

   "I'm right here, sir!" Bella called out. "Give me a second! I'm going to get help! Just stay with me!"

   Pulling her phone out, Bella rushed back over to the stroller and picked up Emma. Tears streamed down her chubby cheeks as she started to wail. Dialing the number to the FBI rescue team, Bella's hands began to shake as she held her daughter closely and tried to comfort her.