sunsetz

"And when you go away, I still see you"

Episode: "Spencer" (Season 12, Episode 13)

*           *           *

   It had been a week since Bella last spoke to Spencer. She ignored her phone each time it would ring. She took time off of work. Anger and pure misery bubbled up inside of her entire body. She felt as if she had been betrayed by the universe as a whole. She felt abandoned.

   It had been a week since Spencer got home from his late-night drive, finding all of Emma and Bella's things packed up. He called out for them, only to realize that they were both gone. He soon found a note on the fridge, Bella explaining to him that they were staying at Rory's. She explained how he was hurting the family. She explained how she didn't want to talk to him. 

   Each time the phone rang, Bella would glance over to realize that it was Spencer. Aurora would roll her eyes, grabbing the phone and sending him straight to voicemail. It was taking everything in her not to drive over to the house and beat up Spencer. She knew that Bella and Emma needed her. They needed support. 

   The air was cold and foggy on the day that Aurora came home, slowly closing the door behind her with a frown on her face. Her hands began to shake as she heard Bella in the kitchen, cooking dinner as Emma sat in a high chair while watching The Muppets

   "Hey!" Bella exclaimed, smiling as her sister walked into the room. "I'm making garlic pasta for dinner. What do you want for sides? I can do green beans or I can throw in a baguette. Or I can do both. Thoughts?"

   "Uh...yeah," Aurora said, swallowing roughly. "Anything is...anything is fine."

   Bella furrowed her eyebrows, looking at her sister in pure confusion. She set her wooden spoon down, letting the water boil as she made eye contact with Aurora.

   "Rory," she said. "What's wrong? You look like you've been crying."

   "I have been," Aurora mumbled.

   "What? Why? What happened?"

   Aurora sniffled and looked at Bella, "Bells, you should sit down."

   "Rory, you're scaring me," Bella said, clutching her chest. 

   "Please just...please sit down."

   Aurora pulled out a chair for Bella, letting her slowly take a seat in it. Aurora pulled out another chair, sitting across from her. Bella's face was filled with pure panic, her heart racing as she prepared herself for the worst. 

   "Just tell me," Bella whispered. "Just tell me what's going on."

   "I just got a call from your team," Aurora swallowed. "They wanted me to tell you because they...they thought you'd take the news better if it came from me."