epilogue

2086

2086

   Bella walked slowly in her old house, her tired feet touching the cold wood. Her body grew more and more exhausted with each step, further proving her old age. With a sigh, she sat down on her comfortable bed that she had now laid in alone for 9 years. 

   Her wrinkled hands reached for her glasses, putting them on as her hands shook as she held onto the large book she had forgotten about for years. Even though she was now 100 years old, her mind was still sharp. She was wise. She never lost that.

   She looked down at the scrapbook labeled The Journey in large black letters. A thin smile spread across her face, reminded of old times. Times when she was young and in love. The time she had given this scrapbook to Spencer when he turned 28. That was 77 years prior. She shook her head, amazed by the time that had passed. It felt like she had blinked and it was all over.

   With shaky hands and a grin, she opened up the scrapbook. She blew on the pages, watching dust fly off. Her heart began to thump loudly as her eyes landed on the first photo. A picture of her when she was only a baby, sitting in her mother's lap with all of her sisters gathered around her. Another photo of Bella at school, holding up a certificate stating that she won a spelling bee.  More photos of young Bella, holding an ice cream cone as she posed with Hyacinth and Gianna. Another photo of Bella hugging Aurora, showing off their toothless gums.

   Bella flipped the page, her eyes landing on photos of when Spencer was younger. A picture of him when he was a child, sitting with his mom at a park. Another photo showing him holding a stack of chemistry books. The photos continued on, leading into both Bella and Spencer's teenage years. Pictures of them with pimples covering their faces and their noses stuck in books. A picture of Spencer holding a cup of coffee while standing in his dorm room. A picture of Bella smiling widely, pointing at her Ph.D. while wearing graduation robes.

   The pictures continued, leading to a picture from 2003. Spencer stood awkwardly with his hands shoved into his pockets, a smile on his face while he stood in front of the sign to the BAU. Another photo of him in 2004, sitting at his desk while staring at the camera in confusion. Another photo showed him and Derek, smiling together while they stood on a patch of damp grass. 

   Another photo was from 2005, depicting a smiling Bella with the rest of the team. They all stood together, Bella's smile wide as Spencer stood next to her with his hands shoved into his pockets, squinting due to the blinding sun. Another photo showed Bella and Elle sitting at a desk together, smiling at the camera as they held up phones to their ear. The picture next to it showed Bella and Spencer, their arms crossed as they talked to each other. 

   More pictures showed the early days, a picture of Spencer and Gideon playing chess together, a photo of Bella holding a baby Jack, a photo of Bella and Haley hugging each other at a Christmas party, a photo of Bella laughing while handing Hotch a cup of eggnog, a photo of Spencer sitting at a desk while Bella made a kissy face at the camera. Photos of Derek and Bella arm wrestling, a photo of Bella, Penelope, JJ, and Emily smiling while throwing their arms around each other.