i feel pretty

"Feel like running and dancing for joy"

*              *              *

   "You want to propose to her?" Spencer questioned, scooping his third spoonful of sugar into his coffee.

   "Yes, but I don't know how," Luke said with a nod.

   "Do you have a ring yet?"

   "No."

   "Is there a specific area that Aurora likes going to?"

   "Hmmm...no not really."

   Spencer frowned, "You've got a lot to work on, buddy."

   "I know! That's why I'm coming to you for help. How did you propose to Bella?"

   "We have a hill that we go to a lot, I took her there. It was Christmas and it was snowing. Very romantic in my opinion."

   "Aww, that is romantic."

   "Honestly, Luke, you need to go with what your heart is telling you to do. Aurora isn't high maintenance, something small would be fine. Just, pour your heart and soul out to her and propose. It'll be fine!"

   "I just want it to be great," Luke sighed. "I want it to be big and I want everyone talking about it."

   Spencer scrunched his nose up, "No, don't do that."

   "Why?"

   "Aurora is the romantic type. She'd be more into a romantic walk on the beach or an intimate candlelit dinner."

   "You're right. It's just when I think about proposals I always think of something grand and in your face." 

   "Yeah, don't do that. Her last fiancé proposed to her at a restaurant full of people. Look how that turned out, she ran away from him at the alter."

   Luke furrowed his eyebrows, "Her last fiancé? What--Aurora has been engaged before?"

   Spencer's face paled, "What? Who said that?"

   "You...just now."

   "Did I? I don't think so because that would be so weird."

   "Reid, tell me what happened."

   "What do you mean?"

   "What happened with Aurora's last fiancé? She ran away from him?"

   Spencer swallowed roughly, "Who said that?"

   "You're trying to gaslight me and it's not going to work."

   Spencer sighed, "Luke, there's a reason why she probably didn't tell you. It was extremely abrupt and quite traumatic to be honest. It was 5 years ago and her fiancé turned out to be a complete asshole, he cheated on her. She left him because she realized she didn't want to marry a cheater. Then he went on to become an even bigger asshole, so she dodged a bullet."