the night we met

"I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you"

*           *           *

1 MONTH LATER

   Aurora chewed on her pen as she circled Bella's desk, her eyes narrowed, and her hair tossed over her shoulder. Bella kept her head down, focusing on her paperwork and ignoring every look that her younger sister was giving her. 

   "Isabella," Aurora said. "I know you can hear me."

   "Mhm," Bella nodded. "I'm trying to ignore you."

   "That's nice."

   Aurora moved to the side of Bella's desk, looking down at the paperwork and straining her eyes to read it. Bella furrowed her eyebrows, feeling Aurora's eyes on the paper. She looked up before swiping the paper away, hiding it with her hands. Aurora let out a groan and grabbed the back of Bella's chair.

   "Come on!" Aurora whined. "Please! Can't you do this for me? I'm your sister!"

   "Rory!" Bella exclaimed, turning around in her chair to face her sister. "I've told you everything that I know!"

   "You didn't tell me enough! I still have to write a story!"

   "I don't know what to say, Rory."

   Bella huffed and turned back around in her chair, grabbing her pen and scribbling on the paper only to realize that it ran out of ink. She tossed it into the garbage underneath her desk, grabbed another pen from her drawer, and continued to work. 

   "Bella!" Aurora whined even louder. "You have caught so many criminals in your life, none of which escaped prison?"

   "Well, there was Alistair," Bella said, not looking up. "But I really wouldn't count that, he turned himself in."

   "So what am I supposed to write about?"

   "Aurora, I don't know! I'm not your editor! Can you find a different topic?"

   "Nope, I've already tried."

   "I don't know what to tell you, Rory. I'm sorry."

   "Bella-"

   "Listen, I have a lot of paperwork to catch up on. Can we maybe discuss this later? Or...never?"

   "This story is due in 6 days! Do you hear me! 6 DAYS!"

   "Not my problem!"

   Aurora frowned, "You know, I miss Hotch. He would've helped me with no complaint."

   "We all miss Hotch, Rory."

   "Bellllllaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

   Bella threw her pen down on her desk, "You know what? I know someone you can talk to."