therapy

"When you said I should go drop dead"

*                  *                 *

   James walked down the chill hallway, tugging on the sleeves of his shirt as he whistled. A smile tugged on his lips as he approached Penelope's office. As he got closer, the sounds of sniffles filled his ears as his smile slowly dropped.

   "Ms. Garcia?" James said, knocking lightly at the door before entering.

   "I don't want to be bothered!" Penelope cried out.

   James looked down at the ground to see Penelope sitting on the ground, light tears falling out of her eyes as she held pieces of a crystal bowl in her hands. James widened his eyes and slowly knelt down beside her, helping pick up pieces.

   "Are you hurt?" James asked, placing a gentle hand on Penelope's shoulder.

   "No," Penelope sniffled, wiping her nose. "This bowl was my mom's and--and I knocked it over by accident. Now it's in a million pieces."

   "Oh no," James frowned, his eyes glancing over the mess. 

   "This was one of the last things I had of her, now it's ruined."

   Penelope reached for more pieces, wincing as she pricked herself on a sharp edge. James reached over, grabbing her hands gently and stopping her. Penelope looked up at him through her eyelashes, a small tear dripping down her face.

   "Let me take care of this," James said, moving the glass pieces from Penelope's hands. "My parents always told me that I was gifted in fixing broken things. Let me handle this, Ms. Garcia."

   "James, you don't have to," Penelope said with a shake of her head.

   "But, I really want to," James grinned, setting down the glass pieces before taking Penelope by the arm and helping her up. "Cheer up, Ms. Garcia. You can depend on me."

   James reached down, taking Penelope's hand and squeezing it before giving her a warm smile. Penelope tried to continue to frown but quickly realized that James wasn't the type to allow her to do so. Slowly, a smile spread across her face as she hid her blushing cheeks. 

   "You're making it hard to be upset," Penelope sighed. "I hate you and that stupid dimple."

   "Oh, please don't hate me," James laughed. "It hurts too much."

   Penelope smirked, "Come on, the team is going to be here any second now."

   Turning on her heel, Penelope made her way out of her office with James following behind her. As they made their way towards the conference room, Bella, Spencer, and Luke stumbled inside with snow falling off of them.

   "It's a damn blizzard out there!" Luke exclaimed, pulling off his gloves.

   "The roads are horrible," Spencer said, taking off his wet scarf. "It's nothing but snow and ice."