golden

"Loving you's the antidote"

*           *           *

   "Spencer, I'm fine," Bella sighed as Spencer removed the bags of groceries from her hands, carrying them inside himself.

   "I don't want you lifting a finger," Spencer said. "In fact..."

   Bella let out a yelp as Spencer scooped her up, carrying her inside the house bridal style. The pregnant blonde laughed, her golden locks flowing as she tilted her head back. Spencer laid her down on the couch gently, grinning as he did so.

   "When did you get so strong?" Bella teased.

   "I think you underestimate these muscles," Spencer winked. 

   "That ego of yours," Bella laughed, rolling her eyes.

   Spencer let out a chuckle, collapsing down next to her. He lifted up her legs, setting them on his lap before massaging them. Bella grinned, her entire body feeling sore from the weight of the small human she was carrying. She placed her hands on her stomach, liking to remind herself that the baby was ok and still there.

   "How are you feeling?" Spencer asked. "Do you need anything?"

   "I'm fine, but you can continue the massaging."

   Spencer chuckled, "Yes ma'am."

   "Ugh, we have so much paperwork to do tomorrow. I don't see why Hotch can just fucking shred it or something. I'm sick of it."

   "Well, I much rather you inside doing paperwork than being on the field."

   Bella groaned, "Spencer, not this again."

   "I can't help it, Bells. I hate the fact that you're on the field, especially in your condition. I just--I get so nervous and I feel like I'm going to explode. You were attacked by an unsub not too long ago, if anything would've happened...I don't know."

   "Spence-"

   "I know, I know. You're strong and you're able to take care of yourself, I don't doubt that for a second. But, Bella, after what happened--what happened last time you were pregnant. I just...I get so scared and I get so anxious that something will happen again."

   Bella sat up, "I know, Spence. I think the exact same thing. But, we've been safe and I've been cautious. I don't want anything to happen either, trust me. But it's my career, I need to be out on the field."

   "Now the team has agreed to use the plane again and I--I don't know if I want you going. I'm scared something will happen."

   "It's a new plane and it's been 6 months since the crash, we all decided that we're ready to try again. We'll be ok."

   "I'm just so scared."

   Bella wrapped her arms around Spencer, "We'll be ok."

   "Maybe you should stay back with Penelope the next case we get."