keep breathing

"I want to believe in more than you and me"

Episode: "Truth or Dare" (Season 14, Episode 15)

*                     *                      *

   "She did...what?" Aurora questioned, her mouth falling open as she sat down next to Bella.

   "She kissed him, Rory," Bella wept, tears streaming down her face as Aurora rubbed her back. 

   "Did Spencer kiss her back?"

   "No, he-he just looked stunned. I don't know what happened afterward, I woke up. I don't know if he ever pushed her off. I don't know if he kissed her back. I don't know if they--if they slept together. I don't know."

   Aurora shook her head, "I swear to god I'm going to kick that bitch's ass the next time I see her. I'm going to drag her by her damn hair and clock her in the mouth."

   "I-I don't kn-know what-what to d-do," Bella sobbed, choking on her tears. "The second I woke up, I called you. I can't stomach talking to Spencer. I can't."

   "You know what you're going to do?" Aurora said, wiping Bella's tears away. "You're going to wait for Spencer to get back. You're going to act normal. Then, ask him if anything happened that you missed. If nothing happened then he will be honest."

   "Spencer wouldn't cheat on me! Right?"

   Aurora frowned, "Spencer is a good man, Bella. He's a wonderful father. He absolutely adores you. But, he's still a man. Men can never be trusted, I don't care who they are. It's like they're genetically wired to just be the worst."

   Bella let out another loud cry, grabbing a box of tissues and blowing her nose into one. Her entire chest ached. She felt like hot knives were stabbing her repeatedly in the heart. 

   "It was just a dream," Bella said, trying to reassure herself. "Some of my dreams aren't real. Some of them are completely skewed. What if this was just a nightmare? What if my anxieties just manifested into a nightmare?"

   "It's possible," Aurora said. "But, Bells, your dreams are almost always accurate."

   "I just can't believe that this happened. I don't want to believe it."

   "It's awful, I know. I'm so sorry, Bella. I wish I could erase this pain."

   "I should've seen this coming. But I always have to be the good guy, right? I always try to do the right thing and be nice to everyone and LOOK WHERE THAT GETS ME! I was so good to her, Rory. I forgave her over and over again."

   "She's a fucking snake."

   "She's a fucking whore that's what she is. What woman does that to another woman? We're supposed to be there for each other. We're supposed to defend each other. We don't try to steal each other's husbands!"