you are my sunshine

"You'll never know, dear, how much I love you"

*             *            *

   The shrill cries and screams that escaped Emma's mouth every night became Bella and Spencer's new alarm clock. It was daily, 2 in the morning, a cry would echo from Emma's room. Spencer would open his tired eyes as Bella would wake up with a gasp. She'd rub her eyes and attempt to climb out of bed, only to be stopped by Spencer.

   "I've got her," he'd whisper, kissing Bella on the forehead. "Go back to sleep."

   "Spence-" Bella would try to object.

   "Don't worry, I've got her."

   Spencer would climb out of bed, yawning and rubbing the sleep from his eyes before throwing on a shirt and making his way over to Emma's nursery. He'd turn on the light and grin as he looked down at his sweet daughter. 

   "Hey, pumpkin," he'd whisper, reaching down and scooping up the hazel-eyed baby. "Are you hungry, sweetheart?" 

   Quietly, Spencer would sneak off into the kitchen while holding Emma against his chest, rocking her and attempting to soothe her. He'd sit down on the couch, forcing himself to stay awake as he fed the small infant. He'd smile as he held the bottle, his daughter's hazel eyes slowly blinking. 

   It still felt unreal to Spencer that he finally had a baby. After years of hoping and wishing for a child, he finally had one. A daughter. It was everything that he could've asked for. It was everything he ever dreamt of. He was married to the love of his life and they now had a baby together. 

   She even had his eyes.

   Spencer would tend to the rest of her needs before kissing her cheek and setting her back down in her crib. Despite having the worst singing voice, he always would either sing her a lullaby or hum. 

   He'd drag himself back to bed, falling in between the warm blankets and soft mattress. His fingers would reach out, hungry to feel Bella's warm skin. Bella didn't have to ask, she knew. She'd move in closer to him, snuggling in his arms as he buried his face in her hair. 

   Eventually, Spencer would be asleep in no time. This gave Bella the opportunity to turn around and admire him. She'd use her finger to trace over his soft features and skin. She would run her fingers through his unruly, growing hair. Her entire heart beat for him. Her entire heart beat for Emma. She had never felt so much warmth in her entire life.

   There weren't words to explain how much Bella loved Spencer and Emma. Everything bad that ever happened to Bella seemed to disappear. It didn't matter anymore. She had her husband, the man she had been in love with the second she met him. She had her daughter, a miracle that felt impossible but happened. She couldn't comprehend her happiness. 

   She could explode from the amount of love in her heart. 

*             *            *

   Aurora snatched Emma out of Bella's arms the second she walked inside the house, snuggling the baby and making herself home on the couch.

   "Help yourself," Bella chuckled as Spencer brought her a glass of water.

   "She loves me," Aurora smiled, rocking Emma. "Just look at her! We're going to go on all sorts of trips together and we're going to spend all of her daddy's money."

   "What-" Spencer said.

   Aurora continued to rock the small baby before handing Bella and Spencer a pink gift bag. She smiled proudly as Bella slowly opened up the bag, pulling out a purple onesie that said Baby Genius in sparkly white letters.

   "This is great, Rory," Bella smiled as Spencer laughed, Rigby jumping on his lap and purring. 

   "I thought it would be perfect," Aurora smiled. "I am her favorite aunt, I'm obviously going to be getting her the best presents." 

   Charlotte walked into the room on her crutches, sighing at the sight of Aurora hogging Emma. She took a seat next to Spencer, exchanging a glance with him as she shook her head. 

   "Rory, when are you going to have your own kids?" Charlotte asked.

   "Hopefully soon," Aurora answered. "But right now I'm the cool aunt."

   "I'm the cool aunt!"

   "You wish!"

   Emma squirmed in Aurora's arms, letting out a soft cry. Spencer immediately responded, accidentally knocking Rigby off of his lap. He took Emma from Aurora's arms, Aurora rolling her eyes and handing her over.

   "She's hungry," Spencer said. 

   "I can get it," Bella said, going to stand up.

   "I've got her, I want you to be resting."

   Spencer disappeared into the kitchen as Bella sat back in her chair. She could hear Emma's cries getting louder before finally being soothed once she got her bottle. 

   "He treats you like a queen," Charlotte said. "And he's going to spoil that baby rotten."

   "He already is," Bella said with a grin.

   The front door opened, Phoebe dragging her bags inside as she pushed the door open. She smiled and waved, kicking her bags further into the house as Aurora got up to help her.

   "Sorry I'm late," she smiled. "Traffic was insane!" 

   "Oh don't worry about it," Bella said, hugging her sister and planting a kiss on her cheek. 

   Phoebe patted Bella on her cheek, "You look good, your skin looks healthy. How are you feeling?"

   "I feel good but my boobs are sore."

   "That'll happen. Where is that baby? I need to hold that sweet girl."

   Spencer walked through the kitchen door, holding a sleeping Emma as Phoebe gasped. The blonde quickly approached Spencer, almost ripping Emma out of his arms. She rocked her, tracing over her small features with a bright smile. 

   "She's beautiful," Phoebe gushed. "Awww, look at her!"

   "I wish mom and dad were here to see her," Charlotte said with a frown. "Mom would never put her down."

   "She has her Grandpa Rossi," Bella grinned.

   "And her favorite aunt," Aurora imputed, Charlotte lightly shoving her. 

   The four sisters smiled as Spencer tilted his head back and laughed. 

___________________________

Song: "You Are My Sunshine" by Johnny Cash

A/N: Heyyy everyoneee! Thanks again for reading, it really means a lot. Short chapter but Bella is healing after literally pushing out a human, so so sorry it's boring. It's honestly so crazy that Bella and Spencer finally have a baby. Ugh, it warms my heart. They've come so far and I feel like I have known them for years and watched them grow. Anyway, thanks again for reading. Much love to all of you. Stay safe and healthy!