lover

"I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover"

*          *           *

   "An FBI prom?" Bella scoffed, looking down at the cream-colored invitation in her hand, the thick cursive writing almost hurting her eyes. 

   "They do it every 15 years," Charlotte said, biting into her blueberry muffin. "I think it's to raise money."

   "I've been working in the FBI for 10 years, how did I never know about this?"

   "You were too busy having the hots for your co-worker to notice."

   Bella raised her eyebrows and slapped Charlotte on the arm. Charlotte tilted her head back and laughed, amused at herself.

   "You're not funny," Bella grinned.

   "You're right," Charlotte nodded. "I'm hilarious."

   "If anything, he had the hots for ME."

   "Well you're married now, with a baby on the way, so I guess it doesn't matter."

   Bella smiled and looked down at her protruding stomach. The plate of eggs and bacon in front of her was gone within seconds, Bella feeling embarrassed by just how much she was able to eat recently. She felt herself growing bigger every day, her entire body feeling sore and worn down. She constantly wanted to sleep.

   "There's no way I'm going to be fitting into any dress," Bella said, rubbing her stomach. 

   "They make maternity dresses, Bella," Charlotte said. "Oh come on, you have to go!"

   "It sounds corny."

   "It sounds fun. And with everything we've been through recently, I saw we deserve it."

   Bella frowned as her hand continued to glide over her stomach. She sighed and reached for her tea, attempting to drown herself in it. 

   "This is my last week technically in the FBI, I'm trying to make it count," Charlotte continued. "Abby and I are going together, we plan on wearing gold."

   "What's the theme?" Bella asked.

   "Under the stars," Charlotte grinned with a chuckle.

   Bella rolled her eyes and laughed, holding herself back from gagging. The entire idea of an adult prom seemed silly to her. She wondered if these feelings were only because she was depressed. A part of her wondered if this prom would really finally bring a smile to the team's faces. 

   "We'll see what happens," Bella said. "I doubt Spencer wants to go plus I feel like shit almost every single day."

   "Well you should definitely try to go," Charlotte smiled. "Rory is going with Hotch."