~PROLOGUE~

2003

2003

   The pleasant sounds of New York City filled Bella Snow's ears. Taxis honking, people talking on their cell phones, the sounds of people playing guitar on the street. Bella felt comfortable here, she felt like she was accepted here. 

   Charlotte bit into a hot dog, the mustard and ketchup coating her lips as they walked down the street. They brushed past people hurrying to work, coffee and stacks of paper balanced in their hands. Bella grinned, taking in the sight of working women as their heels clicked on the sidewalk. 

   "Maybe I should move here," Bella said with a grin. "I think I'd like it."

   "Really?" Charlotte questioned. "I'd get annoyed after a while."

   "I like it here, I like it here a lot."

   "And what would you do here?"

   Bella shrugged, "I'm not sure. Maybe I'll become a doctor and make tons of money so I can buy a huge penthouse."

   "I mean, you almost have a Ph.D. in psychology, you could become a psychologist. God knows everyone needs one of those nowadays."

   "Good idea."

   They continued to walk down the street, a light smile glued on Bella's face as she let the warm sun hit her face. She felt ok and she felt bubbly inside. 

   "I think I'll find someone here," Bella said. "I'll marry him and have some kids. Maybe 3."

   "You're 17," Charlotte laughed. "Don't start thinking about marriage and babies just yet."

   "I've always wanted that, Charlotte."

   "I know you do."

   "Do you think I'll find a good guy?"

   "Of course!" Charlotte exclaimed, swallowing the last bite of her hot dog. "What happened to that Kit guy?"

   "We just--we didn't work out."

   "Oh, I'm sorry."

   Bella grinned lightly, "I want to marry a doctor. A guy who is smart but also very loving and kind. A guy who is tall and would watch Star Wars with me."

   "I bet you can find tons of those guys at coffee shops."

   "Too bad I hate the smell."

   Charlotte laughed, throwing her arm around her younger sister's shoulder. They took in the beautiful scenery, letting themselves bathe in the sunlight. They felt content. They felt fuzzy and warm inside. 

   "Charlotte?" Bella said. 

   "Hm?" Charlotte answered.

   "Am I destined for great things?"

   Charlotte smiled and laughed, "You're destined for the greatest things."