ophelia

"Honey I love you"

"Honey I love you"

*               *               *

   Waiting rooms were a version of hell in Aurora's eyes. She had been in enough waiting rooms, inhaling the nauseating scent of hand sanitizer and dying flowers. The lighting was enough to give her a headache. Her entire body trembled and she felt nerves swarm her body like a parasite.

   Waiting rooms were evil. With each minute that ticked by, the more anxious you got. No matter how much you paced around the room, you still felt like passing out. No matter how much you stared at the clock, time never sped up. No matter how much you tried to breathe calmly, you could never feel at ease.

   Aurora's leg bounced up and down as she gripped Luke's hand tightly. She leaned her head against his shoulder, tears slowly falling down her face as she silently prayed that everything would be ok. 

   Flicking her eyes over, Aurora watched as Penelope cradled Emma in her arms while softly humming to her. Emma gripped onto her stuffed giraffe, her hazel eyes glossing over the waiting room with curiousity. 

   Slowly, the hospital doors opened as Hotch walked inside, his eyebrows furrowed as he immediately made his way over to Emily.

   "I heard about Gus," he said, his voice soft.

   "We've had no time to recover," Emily whispered back. "We rushed here, Hotch. Gus' body was still in the cabin when we got in the car to drive here."

   "Did anyone stay back?"

   "Matt, Rossi, and Tara."

   Hotch nodded as his face twinged with grief, "How--how is Bella?"

   "We don't know," Emily whispered. "She started to bleed, we rushed her here. They took her in immediately."

   "Where's Reid?"

   "Derek got here as soon as he heard, he's with Spencer right now. Spencer tried to go into the operating room but they wouldn't let him. He--he's been in the bathroom sobbing."

   "Damn this."

   Hotch shook his head, placing his hands on his hips before taking a seat next to JJ. The blonde woman looked over at him with glossy eyes, earning a shoulder squeeze. 

   "How could this have happened?" Aurora cried. "How did Gus just...trick us all?"

   "I don't know, Rory," Luke sighed. 

   "I've been through this before, Luke. I've been in this situation before. My sister is pregnant and attacked by some sicko so she's brought into the hospital. It never ends well!"

   "What do you mean?"

   "Luke, Bella was pregnant before Emma. She was shot and she lost the baby. I've seen this before. What if she--what if she loses this baby too?"