nothing new

"How did I go from growing up to breaking down?"

*                 *                *

   Bella woke up with a groan, her neck sore as she moved slightly. A sudden weight on her chest stopped her, causing her to open her eyes slowly. Rigby licked his paw and purred, making himself comfortable on Bella's chest. With a grin, Bella reached up and stroked Rigby's soft, orange fur.

   "Good morning, Rigby," she whispered, the cat purring loudly as well as blinking slowly. 

   Bella reached over, her fingers finding nothing but a cool, empty mattress. Glancing over, Bella furrowed her eyebrows. 

   "Where's your dad, Rigby?" Bella asked, scratching the cat's chin. "Hm?"

   Giving Rigby a kiss, Bella moved him off of her chest with countless apologies. She quickly put on her slippers and robe before making her way out of her room. With a yawn, she made her way downstairs as the smell of sausage and eggs quickly filled her nostrils.

   "Is Spencer Reid making breakfast?" Bella chuckled, entering the kitchen.

   "He sure is," Spencer smiled, turning around from the stove. He was wearing a light pink apron that Emma and Bella had gotten him for Christmas a year prior. His hair was curly and disheveled and he held Bella's favorite spatula. 

   "Look at all of this!" Bella smiled.

   She walked over to Emma, the toddler sitting in her booster seat while indulging on apple juice. She brushed back Emma's curls and planted a kiss on her forehead. Bella grinned and glanced over at Ophelia in her swing, approaching the baby and tickling her stomach.

   "Em, do you want some eggs?" Spencer asked, pouring the scrambled eggs out of the skillet.

   Emma nodded hastily as Bella opened up the fridge and pulled out some orange juice. Spencer scooped some eggs onto a plate as well as some cut-up sausage.

   "What's the magic word?" Spencer asked.

   "Please," Emma smiled.

   "There you go, pumpkin."

   Spencer set down the plate for Emma, handing her a fork. He grinned and brushed his fingers through Emma's unruly, curly hair. He went back to the stove, fixing another plate before setting it in front of Bella.

   "For you, my love," he smiled, planting a kiss on Bella's forehead.

   "Thanks, Spence," Bella said.

   Spencer nodded just as Ophelia began to cry, her wails getting louder as Spencer quickly scooped her up. He held her gently in his arms as he began making her a bottle. 

   "Spence, this is really good," Bella complimented. "Em, don't you think daddy's cooking is good?"

   "Yes!" Emma exclaimed, quickly finishing her plate.