Chapter 293-294

Chapter 293 A Chance Encounter and the Accessories Similar to the Fifth Princess’

After Mo Xuetong visited the Old Madam, she stayed in the Fu General Manor to have lunch with the Old Madam. The Old Madam was feeling alright and had just caught a cold. Older people were like so. She felt better after seeing that Mo Xuetong had come especially to visit her and she immediately felt better. She even had an additional half a bowl of rice at lunch.

When Mo Xuetong left, she even held Mo Xuetong’s hand tightly and told her to visit when she had time. The two manors were closer now that Xu Yan had married into the Mo Manor. Now that Xu Yan had taken charge of the household matters, it was not hard for Mo Xuetong to go out.

Mo Xuetong smiled and agreed. Then, she guaranteed the Old Madam again that she would visit in a few days. Then, the Old Madam allowed Mo Xuetong to leave reluctantly.

After the horse carriage pulled out from the manor, Mo Xuetong was not in a hurry to return home. Instead, she went to a famous jewelry shop on Yushui Street. The styles in the shop were the most famous in the capital. There were many beautiful accessories that were custom made in the shop. Mo Xuetong had drawn a picture of a phoenix and got someone to make it into a hairpin. She could probably collect it today.

It would be the Fifth Princess’ birthday in a few days. She heard that it would be a big affair. As Princess Anping, she naturally received an invitation. The Princess Royal had told her that she just had to send a passable gift. Mo Xuetong heard that the Fifth Princess had fallen ill after falling into the lake the other day. It was the first celebration since she got better. As such, the celebration was different and there would be a banquet.

Mo Xuetong, however, knew that this was just a reason told to the public. The true reason was that the Fifth Princess and Bai Yichen had been hugging together with their clothes in disarray. There were many people who were talking about it. A royal daughter served as an example for all young ladies. Emperor Zongwen had ordered the Fifth Princess to marry to the Yan Kingdom.

The Fifth Princess refused and made a huge fuss. As such, she had been locked up!

However, there was now a grand banquet set up for her. Did that mean that the Fifth Princess had agreed?

Mo Xuetong truly did not dare to compliment the prissy and vicious Fifth Princess. She only wanted to leave quickly after sending the gift.

A worker in the shop spotted Mo Xuetong and hurriedly brought her to a room that was the deepest within the shop. The most expensive and precious accessories were placed there. They were all custom made, unique and very expensive. Most of them were ordered by someone. This was also one of the reasons why the shop’s accessories were always at the front of the accessory industry.

“Miss, look, this is the phoenix hairpin you ordered. See if there’s anything wrong with it. If not, I will package it for you.” The worker quickly took the order form that Mo Lan handed him. He looked at it and then picked up a nine-feathered phoenix hairpin from the counter. The golden phoenix had ruby eyes. Coupled with wing feathers that were carved out of jade, the hairpin looked gorgeous.

“Miss, look. This gem is carved from a large ruby that was formed naturally. We only have these two gems in our shop. The other is being made into a smaller hairpin and the color cannot be compared to yours. It is the most exceptional in terms of its color and clarity.” The worker brought out a set of ruby head accessories in order to sound more convincing.

There were a pair of earrings, a set of ruby hairpins, and a ruby necklace. Other than a tiny ruby phoenix on the hairpin, the set could not compare to the hairpin in Mo Xuetong’s hands.