Chapter 425-426

Chapter 425 What Happens in the Past Affects the Future. The Theory of Cause and Effect

Qin Yufeng smiled softly. He turned and started walking on the path that took him here. Mo Xuetong followed him. She descended into silence and did not speak. Qin Yufeng smiled and did not hurry her either.

The two continued walking casually as if they were friends. The two maids behind followed closely. The wind blew, upturning their sleeves, but no one noticed. Things seemed to be in harmony between the two of them. It was a strange harmony that came from a gentle smile and wariness.

They were walking on the main path of the back courtyard. A smaller path appeared in front of them suddenly. A woman rushed out at them and toppled on Qin Yufeng. Qin Yufeng moved swiftly and pulled Mo Xuetong back so that Mo Xuetong could avoid the woman who rushed at them.

Then, another woman followed. The woman stood still when she saw that there were others present. Her expression, which had been sharp and fierce, turned gentle. She smiled pleasantly and immediately looked like a different person. She curtsied politely to Mo Xuetong and Qin Yufeng.

“Elder Sister Mingyu, Mingxia didn’t, Mingxia really didn’t.” The woman on the ground had an expression of terror. She did not get up. Instead, she sat up and looked at the woman behind her uneasily and tearfully.

Mo Xuetong looked down at the woman on the floor. She was dressed in the blue robes of a maid that revealed a pink shirt underneath. However, she was much more beautiful than the average maid and even felt oddly familiar to Mo Xuetong.

Mo Xuetong knew at one glance that it was a fight between two maids. There were too many such incidents in the back courtyards and she had seen something like this before. However, back then, she only saw what was on the surface and that was why she was plotted against over and over. However, today, she did not just use her eyes to see what was happening but used her heart instead.

Qin Yufeng had already moved away silently. He glanced at Mo Xuetong and saw that she was fine. Then, he turned to look at the two maidservants.

The woman on the ground only realized after her initial panic that there were other people present. She immediately got up and knelt by the side, shaking. A hint of weakness flashed in her eyes.

“Which manor are you from? What’s the matter?” Qin Yufeng was a master in the manor. When he looked at the clothes the maids were wearing, he knew that they did not belong to the Qin Manor.

“Young Master, Madam, I came together with Madam Lian. I was just playing with Younger Sister Mingxia. We have shocked you, please forgive us.” The maid called Mingyu seemed to be a little smarter. She immediately knelt down beside Mingxia and answered the question cleverly. The way she looked at Mingxia was not as fierce as before either. It was as if they were really close friends.

“Yes… Yes. Elder Sister Mingyu and I were just playing. There… there’s nothing wrong.” Mingxia stammered. She glanced at Mingyu, who was smiling warmly beside her and did not dare to say anything else.

There was obviously an issue between the two. However, both Qin Yufeng and Mo Xuetong did not wish to interfere. Qin Yufeng waved his hand and said, “Go!”

“Yes, many thanks, Young Master.” Mingyu stood up and curtsied politely to Qin Yufeng. Then, she turned around and helped Mingxia up.

Mingxia smiled happily, perhaps sensing the rare kindness from Mingyu. The tightness in her eyes relaxed and the two went where they came from.

Mo Xuetong’s eyes tracked the backs of the two figures who treated each other warmly. A flash of coldness appeared in her eyes.

“What’s the matter? Do you want to rest for a while?” Qin Yufeng pointed at a pavilion beside the fake mountain in front of them after sensing that something was odd with Mo Xuetong. He smiled and looked at Mo Xuetong warmly.