Chapter 275-276

Chapter 275 Being Born Noble Doesn't Mean Always Being Noble

Both the words of Beauty Liu and the actions of the Fifth Princess made all understood the truth of the matter, as none of the bystanders were fools. If anything was amiss, that would be the mistake in the execution by Beauty Liu. However, she shouldered all the responsibility herself.

"Your Highness, do you have any other matter that requires Anping here? If not, I need to speak to her." Princess Royal spoke solemnly as she looked at Fifth Princess with a disapproving glance. That sharp glance made Fifth Princess shudder as she turned her head away, scared to speak.

"Nothing. I merely asked Anping to come so we can get a complete knowledge of the situation. Since it was an accident, and that Beauty Liu has gone insane after injuring her face, the investigation will not lead to any more outcome. Please bring Anping back, Princess Royal. It must be quite a fright for a girl like her!" The Empress comforted Mo Xuetong as she walked up and looked at her with eyes of sympathy as if she were worried about Mo Xuetong.

Princess Royal did not pursue the matter, meaning that she had compromised. The Empress naturally returned the favor and showed leniency to Mo Xuetong.

One always prioritizes their own benefits in the palace.

"Come and gift the newly-obtained headdress with pearls and colored stones to Princess Anping, so as to calm her down."

"Mother..." Fifth Princess was about to retort when the Empress stared at her, making her shut up.

A servant came with the headdress, and Princess Royal ordered her servant to receive it. She then said goodbye to the Empress before turning around to leave.

Mo Xuetong slowly inched behind Princess Royal as she walked out.

"Please wait a minute, Princess Anping." As she was about to leave the door, Fifth Princess suddenly shouted.

The Empress was about to speak when Fifth Princess walked up. Mo Xuetong stopped while Princess Royal continued forth at a leisurely pace.

"You are indeed malicious to hurt Beauty Liu. Such a good move!" Fifth Princess walked beside Mo Xuetong and snickered. She was angry that her delicate plan had failed, and thus refused to put on a show.

"Fifth Princess is more malicious to hide the antidote from Beauty Liu. Are you not afraid that Beauty Liu will hate you so much to destroy your appearance!" Mo Xuetong retorted coldly, full of disgust in her innocent eyes, with the same impoliteness in the tone.

"How rude!" Fifth Princess chided as a satisfying smile appeared on her face. "So what if you know that I tried to harm you? I merely wanted to destroy your foxy face so you cannot seduce my cousin. Even if you escaped just now, you cannot escape for the next few times. I will not let you escape so easily next time. I am a princess and I can kill you with no consequences to myself! As the daughter of a third-grade official, you can never compare to my royal status!"

"Unjust? So what if it's unjust? You will not be nobler than me!" Seeing that Mo Xuetong was quiet, Fifth Princess became more sinister.

"Fifth Princess, do you want to bet and see who will laugh longest!" Mo Xuetong smirked, her innocent eyes full of hatred, sending chills into Fifth Princess' heart. Her smile froze but she became immediately furious. As the most doted Fifth Princess of the Emperor, there was no need for her to be afraid of a fake princess!

"Tong'er, come over. The Empress will take charge of matters within Tianfeng Palace." Princess Royal's voice came from behind.

The Empress' expression became extremely solemn as she stood up and walked towards the duo, smiling. "Xueyu, do not take up too much of Anping's time even if you are closer with her. Princess Anping still needs to leave the palace."