Chapter 269-270

Chapter 269 A Letter Luo Xia Left For Her Daughter
Had she already engaged?

Mo Xuetong froze on the spot. Whether in her previous life or this life, she had never thought that she would be someone that would set a marriage beforehand. If her marriage had already been set, then who was the other person? Why did he set her for marriage and yet not make a single move? In her previous life, her father forbidden her to marry into the Duke's manor, but because she was so determined to do it anyway, she let the cat out of the bag eventually.

If she had a marriage set up for her, her father would use it to stop her from marrying Sima Lingyun. In that case, her father did not mention it, which meant that he did not know anything about it! But how could something like this happen?

What was happening? Her mother promised her marriage to someone else, yet she did not inform her father!

She had never thought that such a thing could happen. If it was real, then why did her mother have to do that! What exactly was she hiding? Why did she hide it from her father? She even had to make a decision on her own for her daughter's once-in-a-lifetime event.

However, subconsciously, Mo Xuetong had a hunch that this was real! Her hand, which rested at the corner of the table, tapped against it twice involuntarily. At that moment, her heart was flustered.

"Miss, can I come in?" Nanny Ming's slightly trembling voice came from the door.

"Miss..."Mo Yu also heard Nanny Ming's voice, and she looked at Mo Xuetong.

Mo Xuetong heaved a long sigh and controlled her palpitations. She closed her eyes and said, "Let Nanny Ming in."

Mo Yu responded and went out. Soon, Nanny Ming came in.

"Miss, please forgive your old servant. I did not want to lie to you intentionally, but Madam...Madam...." Upon entering the door, Nanny Ming fell to the ground on her knees in front of Mo Xuetong's bed. Her old tears started flowing, and she instantly burst into silent tears.

Mo Xuetong opened her eyes. Her vision had become clear and calm again as if the fear she experienced earlier was just a layer of smoke. Once the smoke passes, blue water still met the sky.

She replied coldly, "Please rise, Nanny Ming. You are an elder who stays by Mother's side, and you also nursed her. I cannot have you kneeling in front of me. Mo Lan, why aren't you helping Nanny Ming up?" She politely ordered Mo Lan, who had followed Nanny Ming into the room, to help Nanny Ming up. However, this just made their relationship even more alienated.

Mo Lan stepped forward to help Nanny Ming up, yet she refused to get up. "Miss, if you are not willing to forgive your old servant, then I shall kneel here until I die and never get up! I'm truly sorry for you!"

"Nanny, what are you doing? Miss did not say that she does not forgive you. Ever since we lost Madam, Miss had no one that doted her. She thought that you're the one that loved her the most and had never treated you as an outsider. Even when the Qin family had to live in someone else's house, Miss always thought of you when there was good food or good things to use. She treated you as a real elder, yet you always..." Mo Lan tried to pull Nanny Ming up and said between tears.

They had gone through that period when they were abandoned at Cloud City together. Mo Xuetong was an orphan, and no one paid attention to her. She wanted to go back to the old house at Cloud City, yet it was not that simple. Once, Old Madam Qin gave her some osmanthus cake, and she thought about how Nanny Ming liked to eat it in the past and sent someone to deliver it to her.

The one who was given this task was Mo Lan. She was afraid of being caught by the Yu family, who would then use this or that reason to make their lives difficult, so she deliberately hid it in her inner-wear. When she arrived at the old house in Mo Manor, she had scalded her body. Even so, she could still take out the cake with a smile on her face and gave it to Nanny Ming.