Chapter 589-590

Chapter 589 The Great Purge, Promote Concubines

After the matter of King Xuan’s Manor, Feng Yuran only left three concubines in the back yard. All the other concubines were sold or beaten to death.

The matter went on in silence, but the people who knew it did not dare to tell anyone about it because it was related to the dignity of the royal family. More than one concubine in the backyard had an affair with another man. The Emperor, who had always paid attention to the dignity of the royal family, could not bear it. His youngest son whom he loved most was humiliated like this. If his son had not happened to meet them, he would not have been able to discover it all the time!

Emperor Zongwen immediately ordered the concubines and the young and older maidservants in the back yard, who were involved in the matter, to be beaten to death, and the others who were not involved in the matter to be sold.

Only three of them were left behind in order to conceal it from others, and it was Mo Xuetong who begged in personal. She explained that she was in poor health and neglected the back yard. She was willing to pick some good women and promote them, and would definitely manage the back yard strictly in the future, promising that nothing like this would happen again.

She pleaded and took responsibility without jealousy. Furthermore, she took the initiative to ask for the promotion of a few concubines, which took the interests of the whole into account. It made Emperor Zongwen feel much better when he wanted to vent his anger on her. Then he remembered that his daughter-in-law was young, so she did not know how to deal with those things. She was in poor health, and there were too many concubines in Feng Yuran’s back yard.

Then he ordered Feng Yuran to take this opportunity to clean up all of them!

Emperor Zongwen had wanted to kill them all and then bestowed two girls from noble families to Feng Yuran to be his second consorts regardless of his objections. Feng Yuran was a special prince and according to the rules, he should also have two second consorts and four other consorts. These were all registered in the royal family. As for the other concubines, it was all up to him. Anyway, they did not have to be on the royal family’s list and no one cared about this.

However, Mo Xuetong had already brought up the idea and getting rid of all the women at once was not a good idea, which would arouse suspicion while they could not reveal the reason. Then Feng Yuran would be despised for the rest of his life. It would be the best idea to leave a few to protect his reputation. It seemed that his wife was not only generous, but also smart.

There was something else that Emperor Zongwen was most pleased with. It made him feel that Mo Xuetong was a blissful person. Emperor Zongwen did not forget that Mo Xuetong had married into King Chu’s Manor so early because his son had been so badly injured then that the imperial physicians didn’t know how to cure him. Helplessly, he thought of giving him a wedding to counteract his bad luck. Magically, Feng Yuran got well after that. Mo Xuetong was really blessed and destined to be with Feng Yuran. Now that something like that had happened, she had knelt down and helped to cover it.

Emperor Zongwen cooled down and then felt that Mo Xuetong was a good person!

In the end, the Emperor threw all those involved into prison on the grounds that someone had conspired with King Xuan’s concubines to murder him. Then all the people disappeared silently. Then Feng Yuran cleaned up the back yard and sold the other concubines. Mo Xuetong chose two of them to promote and happened to be on an equal footing with Concubine Qin. Then they could be regarded as the real concubines of King Chu’s Manor.

Even though there were no high-ranking concubines that could be on the list, it was fortunate that only King Chu’s Manor had a second consort. And the main consort had gone mad. As such, it was not conspicuous for King Chu’s Manor to have no second consorts or concubines. At the very least, they had a few concubines that looked good.