Chapter 465-466

Chapter 465 Anger and You Yue’e Embarrasses Herself

Feng Yulei and You Yuecheng had plotted such a devious incident. Yet, now one of them was leaving and the other had not yet appeared. Mo Xuetong believed that You Yuecheng was definitely watching everything happening right here somewhere else. Only You Yue’e was left behind, and she seemed not to know what was happening. It was not that easy for King Yan’s Manor to try to leave without taking a hit.

Mo Xuetong had said what she did with the intention of angering You Yue’e. Lied to? Couldn’t survive? Was the great King Yan’s Manor unable to keep that slut alive?

You Yue’e was already in a bad mood after the series of events. She was so angry she was about to explode and when she heard what Mo Xuetong had to say, she immediately glared at her and spat angrily. “Second Consort Yan has made such a mistake. Consort Xuan, do you think this can be pardoned? If a Second Consort in King Xuan’s Manor did something like this as well, would you still think that this can be forgiven?”

“If something like this happens in King Xuan’s Manor, I will report it to His Highness and ask him to let them leave since they do not wish to say. A melon that you pluck forcefully from the stem will not be sweet. Since Fourth Sister has injured her face and has been disfigured, a woman like her would not be able to survive in the King’s Manor. Even her personal maid has…” Mo Xuetong’s porcelain white face had a hint of sadness on it. Her eyes were slightly reddened as she looked at Mo Yan, who was lying motionlessly on the ground. Then, she pulled out her handkerchief and wiped her eyes with it.

Everyone had praised this maid previously for she had been a maid who would sacrifice her life for her mistress no matter what happened. This was worthy of praise. However, with the sudden turn of events, they found out that the maid had an affair with her master and had gotten pregnant. That meant that the maid had been having an affair with King Yan since a long time ago. Since the maid’s mistress was Mo Xueqiong, it meant that King Yan would have known what Mo Xueqiong was up to.

King Yan had charged angrily toward the carriage and called out for “Consort Xuan” and Mo Xueqiong had pushed the blame to Mo Xuetong and then fell to reveal the documents in her bag. All of the evidence pointed to Mo Xuetong. Yet, what happened after that made it look as if this whole chain of events was set up and acted out by King Yan’s Manor.

And Mo Xueqiong had been tricked. And when they thought about it, it made sense. How could a disfigured woman win the affections of King Yan? It would be quite a good deal for King Yan if he could make the ugly woman a pawn and get rid of her at the same time.

Consort Xuan was even more innocent in this! Everyone stood on Mo Xuetong’s side.

“You…” You Yue’e was swept over by Mo Xuetong’s light tone. She looked at Mo Xuetong’s seemingly gentle gaze that hid a challenging glint and at the satisfaction and disdain flashing in the corners of her eyes. You Yue’e was so angry she almost fainted. She had always been noble in status and had never suffered such a grievance, much less the pity and suspicious looks from the other madams and ladies.

Mo Xuetong was too vicious and too presumption. What was most hateful was that You Yue’e could do nothing about her. Mo Xuetong had already been trapped and it seemed that it was a done deal. They could have watched Mo Xuetong die without knowing the reason for her death. However, right at the last moment, they had ended up in Mo Xuetong’s hand instead and even gave her a chance to escape. You Yue’e was furious when she thought of that.

You Yue’e clenched her teeth tightly and suppressed the anger she felt. She said sharply, “Consort Xuan is too generous. However, there have to be rules, and rules have to be followed. Our King’s reputation cannot be compared to that of King Xuan. Second Consort Mo has committed such a grave crime of embarrassing the royal family. Does Consort Xuan think that this is not a crime punishable by death? Then what about the reputation of our manor and what about the decorum of the royal family?”