Chapter 487-488

Chapter 487 A Warning at the Fu General Manor

“King Xuan is the main overseer of this project.” Lian An did not dare to lower his head and answered truthfully and respectfully. No one noticed that anything was amiss.

“Alright, let’s go!” Consort Zhao said lightly, seeming to have grown disinterested. She drew her hand back into the palanquin.

“Yes, let’s go!” The eunuch called loudly upon receiving the orders.

The palanquin continued forward. No one noticed a pink handkerchief floating out from the bottom of the palanquin and landing in the grass.

When the palanquin had moved further away, Lian An took a few steps forward and stood beside the pink handkerchief. He looked around to see if there was anyone around. Then, he lowered his head as if he were arranging his robes. He took the opportunity to pick up the handkerchief silently and without anyone noticing.

Then, Lian An stood up and continued forward with wide strides as if nothing happened.

At night, in Minister of Works, Lian An’s study.

Senior Master He, He Hui looked at the pink handkerchief darkly. He said urgently, “Lord Lian, was that really what Consort Zhao said? Didn’t she promise us that Yufen would definitely become Second Consort Xuan after entering King Xuan’s Manor? How did she end up as an ordinary concubine? This… what are we going to do…”

“Consort Zhao was very clear. We have to work on this slowly and must not be hasty.” Lian An said calmly. He picked up a cup from the table and took a sip from it. Then, he said casually, “I heard that your manor has sent out people to investigate in various places recently. Did something happen?”

He Hui paused at that and a hint of awkwardness appeared in his expression. Even though he knew that Lian An was on his side, a girl had gone missing. It was a great scandal. He Hui was too embarrassed to say it. They had searched everywhere the past couple of days and had even gone to King Xuan’s Manor. However, they heard that while He Yuxiu had gone to King Xuan’s Manor, she had not entered. When their men left, she escaped from the side doors.

Then, they did not receive any further information. When He Hui thought of the girl’s impending nuptials to Yu Mingyong, his head hurt even more.

He had not thought highly of this marriage. After all, he was just a worthless playboy who had a favored concubine as his sister. The He family had someone in the palace as well. As such, it was not considered to be an advantageous match.

However, now that He Yufen could only be a concubine in King Xuan’s Manor, she would need help. With Consort Yu backing Yu Mingyong, this marriage was now considered a decent match. Furthermore, the girl would be a legal wife.

“Lord Lain, please help me find Yuxiu. She… she’s gone missing.” With no other alternatives, He Hui had to swallow the awkwardness and ask Lian An for help.

“Second Miss He has gone missing? What happened?” Lian An asked in shock, his eyes widening.

“It’s not a big deal. It’s just… she was dissatisfied with the marriage arranged for her. But at this point, so what if she’s dissatisfied?” He Hui stomped his foot angrily, blaming He Yuxiu for being insensible. He would not tell Lian An the true reason for He Yuxiu’s disappearance, of course. That was a secret of the He family and not even Lian An was privy to that.

“She’s a girl; it’s no big deal for her to throw a tantrum. I will send more men to search for her. Regarding First Miss He, you’d better be prepared.” Lian An picked up his tea and sent He Hui off.