Chapter 459-460

Chapter 459 Meeting The Person at the Back of the Buddhist Temple

“Didn’t anyone visit her?” She could not help but ask again, “Not even a single maid or nanny?”

“I saw very clearly that no one visited her. King Yan did not send anyone to ask if she wanted to go with everyone to pay respect to Buddha. I heard a maid say that if Marquess Mingguo didn’t protect her on the way there, she wouldn’t even be able to get into the temple!”

What did that mean? Was there something going on between Mo Xueqiong and You Yuecheng?

A sudden thought flashed through Mo Xuetong’s mind. You Yuecheng had always hated her for some reason, but that had always confused Mo Xuetong.

You Yuecheng’s younger sister, You Yue’e married Feng Yulei. He and Feng Yulei were definitely on the same side. You Yuecheng was definitely allowed to enter and exit Feng Yulei’s manor. Coupled with You Yuecheng’s hatred toward her, Mo Xueqiong’s odd change, their trip to the temple, as well as some other things…

Mo Xuetong felt that You Yuecheng was very likely to be the person instigating Mo Xueqiong! If so, many things could be explained then.

“Why was King Yan allowed to leave his manor today and come to Puguang Temple?” This was the reason Mo Xueqiong gave to deceive her.

Mo Feng came early and already sent men to find out everything. He answered in detail when Mo Xuetong asked him about it. “I heard that the memorial tablet of Consort Yan’s Mother, the late wife of Duke Mingguo, is here. King Yan specially pleaded with the Emperor to allow him to carry out a Taoist ritual for the mother-in-law he never met. That was why he could come along together with Consort Yan.”

Duke Mingguo’s wife had died a long time ago, the woman who was now his wife was his second wife. However, what had this to do with Mo Xueqiong? Was Mo Xueqiong lied to or did Mo Xueqiong lie to her? However, no matter whether it was King Yan praying for his mother or for You Yue’e’s mother, what had it to do with her!

Why would she have to use this as an excuse?

The more Mo Xuetong thought about it, the more ridiculous she thought it was. There was no need for Mo Xueqiong to lie to her at all. If she told Mo Xuetong the truth, it would only give her more credence. Why did she lie?! Mo Xuetong did not believe that there wasn’t a reason for what Mo Xueqiong said and that it was just to placate her.

Mo Feng saw that a few maids were approaching Mo Xuetong. He bid Mo Xuetong farewell and disappeared. He protected Mo Xuetong but only Mo Xuetong’s personal maids were aware of it.

The letter had come from the maid in the afternoon. It was a letter from You Yue’e to Mo Xuetong, asking her to meet behind the Buddhist temple.

They were in-laws and were both first consorts of the princes. It was a rare occasion for them to meet in the temple, so it was reasonable for them to meet. However, the relationship between the two was bad and they did not have anything to say to each other. That made the letter different. Mo Xuetong’s eyes grew sharp. She put the letter down and said to the servant, “Go and tell your Consort that I will be there in a while.”

The maid was a sharp one. “Yes, I will return and let My Lady know.” She bowed respectfully to Mo Xuetong with a smile and left.

Mo Lan took a step forward after the person left. “My Lady…” She said worriedly, “My Lady, since Fourth Miss has already decided to plot against you, why does Consort Yan want to meet you? Don’t you think that this is odd?”

Mo Xuetong smiled softly. She had a faraway look in her eyes as if she were looking at Mo Lan from a distance. Her eyes were clear and dark as she said, “Mo Lan, do you think Consort Yan knew what Mo Xueqiong has planned?”