Chapter 503-504

Chapter 503 The Mingyue Palace, Consort Zhao’s Plan

Now it was all right. Duke Ding explained the situation to the Emperor, which indicated Ding General Manor took the side of the Emperor and would also completely cut off their support of the Empress Dowager. Anyway, Ding General Manor would never stand on the Empress Dowager’s side anymore, and thus, of course, would never rebel with King Ning.

Duke Ding mentioned this intentionally in order to gain the Emperor’s approval. Just as King Chu had expected, the Emperor cleared Rui’er of her crime and regained her place as the first consort. It was also considered a way of returning the favor and making Ding General Manor look good. At the same time, it also hinted that Duke Ding could not act rashly.

This was what Duke Ding hoped for the most right now. After all, it was not the right time to fall out with the Empress Dowager. In others’ eyes, she came from Ding General Manor anyway. If he offended the Empress Dowager, who knew how she would deal with him? After all, he was a subject, as well as a junior. He was in a weak position in every respect.

It seemed that the Emperor did not intend to do anything to the Empress Dowager and King Ning for the time being. He should make a plan before he acted. Duke Ding was hoping that the Empress Dowager would stay quietly in the palace. Compared to the Emperor’s methods, the Empress Dowager’s was somewhat too common. If King Ning really rebelled, the Empress Dowager would be a rebel. As the Empress Dowager’s parents’ family, Ding General Manor would not be able to escape.

Thinking of this, Duke Ding felt that it was so good to follow King Chu’s advice to show his loyalty to the Emperor and report to him!

At least he was now on the Emperor’s side. Moreover, there was the Empress and Consort Chu. In the future, the Empress Dowager’s matter would not have much to do with him.

After wiping the sweat off his head, Duke Ding excitedly went out of the palace. What happened last night did not stir too much trouble in his heart. No matter which prince did it, he would not really deal with the Four Great Manors for the time being. Only several unimportant servants and concubines died in the manor, which was not worthy of his attention.

As soon as Duke Ding turned the corner of a palace, he saw a maid standing on a path. When she saw him coming, she came over and said respectfully, “Greetings, Duke Ding.”

“What’s the matter?” Duke Ding asked as his face darkened.

“Hearing that there were assassins in Ding General Manor last night, Her Majesty was very worried and wanted to ask you about the situation in the manor. Please come with me, Your Grace,” the maid said politely with a smile.

The incident happened last night, and this morning, the Empress Dowager who lived in seclusion in the palace and claimed to be indifferent to the world knew everything. However, a few days after what happened to Ling Rui’er, Duke Ding went to the Cining Palace to plead, the Empress Dowager pretended that she knew nothing about it and asked him to tell her everything.

Duke Ding pretended to be in a hurry and said to the maid, “Please report to Her Majesty that most of the people in the manor are safe, and only a few servants were killed. Nothing serious. However, many people are frightened. I’ll go back to calm them down first. I’ll come to the palace and tell Her Majesty in detail later.”

He really didn’t have time to come to the Empress Dowager’s palace at this time. He had to go back and tell something to Ling Rui’er. The Second Consort Mo was not in King Chu’s Manor either, and Ding General Manor had to make a gesture in order to shut people up. Besides, he had just thought that his Second Uncle had quite a lot of power in the manor. He might as well take this opportunity to get rid of some of his people so that he could forcefully control his Second Uncle and the Empress Dowager in the future…