Chapter 259-260

Chapter 259 Scrambling for the Chance to Attend the Palace Banquet; the Old Madam Made Another Evil Plan

All Mo Huawen could think about was how to get Mo Xuetong out of the banquet. After he left, Mo Xuetong was also lost in thought.

Feng Yuran must have known the inside story, so he asked Mo Xuetong not to go out these days. But unexpectedly, the Emperor gave such an order.

What the First Prince of the Yan Kingdom did was somewhat abnormal. Based on Mo Xuetong's experiences in her previous life, the First Prince was an ambitious person, even related to Bai Yihao's mother. This was what confused Mo Xuetong the most. What did the Empress of the Yan Kingdom, Bai Yihao's mother, think? How did she get involved in the First Prince's scheme?

Mo Xuetong certainly didn't believe that Bai Yihao was wrong or that the Empress only had a little to do with the rebellion. Since he kept the Empress in the imperial palace, it was no small matter. What could have caused the supposedly intelligent Princess to do such a silly thing—he didn't help her own son but joined the First Prince's scheme?

Was it because the Empress was partial to others that Bai Yihao went to the Qin Kingdom specially instead of being the Crown Prince?

If this was the case, Mo Xuetong needed to know more about the First Prince of the Yan Kingdom.

"Miss, the first miss and the fourth miss rejoice when they get the news. They are both preparing their clothes and ornaments, planning to make a splash at the banquet." Mo Ye silently came in from the outside, whispering in Mo Xuetong's ear. She had just deliberately taken some servants to Auntie Mo to order clothes.

Sure enough, Mo Xuemin and Mo Xueqiong soon got the message.

Mo Xuetong took a white jade blue-and-white porcelain cup from Mo Lan, lifted the lid, skimmed off the foam, and took a sip. Then she asked dryly, "How is the progress of the ancestral temple in the backyard?"

"The ancestral temple has been built and is being painted. As not many workers are needed, most of them were dismissed. Only a few workmen are painting, with the help of servants from the outer yard. On the present course, it will be finished soon."

"Did the second miss know about it?"

"Mo Yu has just sent some old servants to the small warehouse to pick out your ornaments for the banquet in three days. They met a few batches of people along the way. The second miss's maid just now inquired again and again. My people have seen it clearly. The maid ran back with a look of surprise on her face."

Mo Xueyan would be surprised indeed!

But after the surprise, she would be angry!

Mo Xueyan rushed into the Old Madam's yard with her maid, though it was late at night.

The Old Madam had a relatively quiet life lately. Harboring a helpless attitude towards Mo Huawen's marriage, she did not even want to see Mo Xuetong. If it had not been for the marriage of her own granddaughter, she would not have wanted to stay here. She really could not like the ladies of the Mo Manor.

She was lying in bed, chatting with the nanny.

Their topic, of course, was Mo Xueyan. The nanny had come with the Old Madam when she married, so she knew what was on the Old Madam's mind. She ingratiated herself with the Old Madam and said with a smile, "The second miss is so pretty and lovely that it will be a blessing to the man whoever marries her. The main problem now is that there is no chance for the second miss to attend the banquet. If the second miss had come into those well-known families as the first miss, her reputation would certainly have surpassed that of the first miss."