Chapter 339-340

Chapter 339 Xuetong Hears of the Empress Dowager’s Plots

“Tong’er, does the medicine work? Does your hand still hurt?” Feng Yuran gently applied the medication on Mo Xuetong’s hand under the candlelight. There was a flash of dark purple light in his clear, sparkling eyes as he looked at her red and swollen hands that had traces of blood on them.

The extremely careful expression was out of place on Feng Yuran’s face. However, Mo Xuetong felt warm and toasty for some reason. Even the injury on her hands did not hurt as much. She nodded subconsciously and then shook her head. She looked at Feng Yuran, whose beautiful phoenix-eyes were widened and was looking a little lost. Then, she laughed.

How could this man be so nervous and adorable? He was not at all arrogant as rumors said he was. He was just a handsome child-like youth.

“Your hands have been so badly damaged. How can you still smile? Next time something like this happens, think of a way to get rid of the other person. Don’t let yourself be tortured.” Feng Yuran pinched her wrist lightly with some dissatisfaction. He raised his eyebrows and wrapped her wound with a bandage carefully.

Mo Xuetong knew that he was talking about Mo Xuemin. She blinked her clear and lively eyes and stopped laughing. “Will You Yuecheng think that someone had tried to foil his plot?”

It was Feng Yuran’s idea to tie You Yuelian and Mo Xuemin up together and leave them at the entrance of Duke Zhenguo’s Manor. Even though Mo Xuetong did not say anything, she still felt rather avenged by it. It was impossible for her to forget the immense pain when Mo Xuemin had plunged her hairpin through her fingers. She had held on to the frame of the carriage for dear life so that she could survive.

In her past life, she had burned to death in fiery flames. She had rolled and screamed in pain in the fire, her skin and flesh had burned… Mo Xuemin watched with satisfaction and she had pulled Sima Lingyun along with her and mocked Mo Xuetong as she struggled in the fire. It was as if she were watching a show, watching herself die in those flames.

In this life, Mo Xuemin had tried to ruin her reputation multiple times and then, she had wanted to take Mo Xuetong’s life!

She felt that no matter what form of revenge she took, it was not enough!

It was said that blood debts had to be paid in blood. How could just a simple blood debt describe the relationship she had with Mo Xuemin!

She had lost everything now. Mo Xuemin had also gotten to experience what it felt like to lose everything.

In her past life, Mo Xuemin and Sima Lingyun had worked together to kill her. They had built a path toward success on her dead body. In this life, the two would never imagine that they would become the victims. Mo Xuemin had attempted to kill the Duchess of Zhenguo and had been displayed to all outside the manor, unkempt and with another man. As long as Sima Lingyun was a man, he would not take this lying down…

One could imagine what awaited Mo Xuemin! Sima Lingyun only appeared to be gentle but was a vicious person beneath all that. He would not go easy on her.

Previously, when Mo Xuetong thought of the tragedy that awaited Mo Xuemin, she felt appeased. But now, she was a little worried. Feng Yuran had truly offended the Empress’ faction this time. Even though he had some power, it was difficult to say who would win if he were to go against the Empress. Furthermore, there was still King Chu and King Ning who were watching predatorily by the sidelines.

“Relax. You Yuecheng will not be able to find anything. I am just known to be a wild and licentious prince without any power.” Feng Yuran smiled when he saw that Mo Xuetong was worried about him. He helped Mo Xuetong to bandage her wounds and then wiped his hands with a handkerchief. He smiled beautifully and then laid back lazily against Mo Xuetong’s bed and played with the tassels on the bed.